SONY D25s PDCP New Old Stock
Feb 20, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the battery is sorted. sourced.

the power supply is sorted as of today, i hope. maplin electrionics came to the rescue and were very helpful.

just have to wait and see if it works when it arrives.

perhaps, just post a visible message here once something has been finalized, so people who bought one from you can buy one if they wish.

Quaddy,

Got it. Also please report back on your PS and battery.

Cheers,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 20, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #47 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quaddy,

Got it. Also please report back on your PS and battery.

Cheers,

Ken

will do indeed, when they arrive in next few days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #48 of 79
Ok as promised here is a glimmer of hope for especially UK owners of the D25/S

[size=small]Battery - Akku für Sony BP-2X BP-2EX CCD-VX1E - 19.90 EUROS + 6.00 EUROS P+P = 25.90 EUROS (approx £19.50 all in)[/size]

let me first preface this regarding the battery;
Yes, you can do a google search for 'sony BP-2X' or similar keywords, and it will return seemingly bonifide results to stores and ebay shops (which end up being the ebay shop fronts of the actual uk battery companies also had issues with) in the UK which have them down as being in stock and available. let me warn against this if i may, having now ordered no less that from 4 of these stores (battery firms in the uk) and ebay shops listing it, they ALL take your money, dont contact you until you contact them, then they all tell you its out of stock.

I personally dont believe it, i think this an old product, an abscure product that they simply still have on their database and are too lazy to remove!

This battery and the UK dont mix - trust me.
I ended up sucessfully ordering it from here, it was listed as "Akku für Sony BP-2X BP-2EX CCD-VX1E", a german ebay seller, who i have to say, was probably the most pleasant and helpful ebay seller i have ever dealt with and i have dealt with thousands!!!

It was here within a few days, working perfectly, all with great communications, i have to smile though, as i even got a free pen and pack of haribo included in the package!
cool.gif

There was no import or customs to pay on such a low value consumable, and it worked out the same, approximate cost as the hassle inducing UK companies.
[size=small]
Power Supply - 12V DC 400mA Fixed Voltage Regulated Mains Adaptor - £9.99 + £2.98 P+P = £12.97
[/size]
From my emails with Ken at ALO, i/we understood from the beginning this was always going to be a little tricky due to the requirements of the power supply here in the UK, its reversed polarity and pole/jack dimensions.

To cut to the chase, Maplin electronics (whom i am sure all UK'ers know about) where very helpful after me emailing them with the situation and specifications needed. they pointed me to this
(their part number: MG81C)

After receiving it this morning, and being very careful which tip to utilize, and indeed, ensuring i got the polarization correct (reverse) worked flawlessly

You receive 6 interchangeable connectors with it, none initially attached. for the Sony D-25S the one you want to use is the red coloured tip, which is 2.1 x 5mm, not only this, but ensure the connector is placed on back to front ensuring negative polarity, no fear as you do get a small basic diagram showing how to achieve this.
I hope this helps at least one person having issues sourcing the basic parts needed to operate this costly, but beautiful player!

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #49 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok as promised here is a glimmer of hope for especially UK owners of the D25/S

[size=small]Battery - Akku für Sony BP-2X BP-2EX CCD-VX1E - 19.90 EUROS + 6.00 EUROS P+P = 25.90 EUROS (approx £19.50 all in)[/size]

let me first preface this regarding the battery;
Yes, you can do a google search for 'sony BP-2X' or similar keywords, and it will return seemingly bonifide results to stores and ebay shops (which end up being the ebay shop fronts of the actual uk battery companies also had issues with) in the UK which have them down as being in stock and available. let me warn against this if i may, having now ordered no less that from 4 of these stores (battery firms in the uk) and ebay shops listing it, they ALL take your money, dont contact you until you contact them, then they all tell you its out of stock.

I personally dont believe it, i think this an old product, an abscure product that they simply still have on their database and are too lazy to remove!

This battery and the UK dont mix - trust me.
I ended up sucessfully ordering it from here, it was listed as "Akku für Sony BP-2X BP-2EX CCD-VX1E", a german ebay seller, who i have to say, was probably the most pleasant and helpful ebay seller i have ever dealt with and i have dealt with thousands!!!

It was here within a few days, working perfectly, all with great communications, i have to smile though, as i even got a free pen and pack of haribo included in the package!
cool.gif

There was no import or customs to pay on such a low value consumable, and it worked out the same, approximate cost as the hassle inducing UK companies.
[size=small]
Power Supply - 12V DC 400mA Fixed Voltage Regulated Mains Adaptor - £9.99 + £2.98 P+P = £12.97
[/size]
From my emails with Ken at ALO, i/we understood from the beginning this was always going to be a little tricky due to the requirements of the power supply here in the UK, its reversed polarity and pole/jack dimensions.

To cut to the chase, Maplin electronics (whom i am sure all UK'ers know about) where very helpful after me emailing them with the situation and specifications needed. they pointed me to this
(their part number: MG81C)

After receiving it this morning, and being very careful which tip to utilize, and indeed, ensuring i got the polarization correct (reverse) worked flawlessly

You receive 6 interchangeable connectors with it, none initially attached. for the Sony D-25S the one you want to use is the red coloured tip, which is 2.1 x 5mm, not only this, but ensure the connector is placed on back to front ensuring negative polarity, no fear as you do get a small basic diagram showing how to achieve this.
I hope this helps at least one person having issues sourcing the basic parts needed to operate this costly, but beautiful player!

Awesome work Quaddy

Thank you for the information.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 8, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #52 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know my 9v Sony charger does internally charge my BP-2X battery. I get about 3 CD worth of play time on a $40 battery
frown.gif

ditto.:.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #53 of 79
how do these players do with a cd-r?

eric b

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by e-dub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do these players do with a cd-r?

eric b

I just tried a few, CD-R's r no problem.
cool.gif

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CD-R disks aren't a problem for the D-25 and other vintage PCDPs. If it can't read the cd-r, either the laser lens needs cleaning or it's focus adjusted.

Good point.:.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #59 of 79
I am an avid headphone listener as a result of being an Easterner working for a West Coast company. Actually am about to take out my AKG701s as well. Later will connect my Tomahawk through the line out. This could be the kind of thing where you take out all your favorite CDs, and become reacquainted. Map of the World Metheny was incredibly layered three dimensionally on the Grados. Blew away the lossless transfer on my IPod. Quick, you better get to Ken before it is too late.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shumani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine, threw on well recorded CD, plugged in my Grado RS-1 and was astounded!!!!!

I was using mine not amped only using the headphone out last night, not bad for a stock headphone out. I will have the SLA Power Box at the CanJam show running a D25s if anyone wants to hear what they sound like on a clean power supply.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back