Soon to be... LTA R2R DAC
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #106 of 141
1714529445245.jpeg

May 1, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #108 of 141
Great News!
Picked up my LTA Aero Dac this afternoon.
Very very favorable initial impression.
Classical, jazz, rock, vocalist - Ella Fitzgerarld, Diana Krall
More authority in stage and bass
I am very sensitive to bright treble -- lively upper register with more detail and fullness
Instrument amd voice character well developed and nuanced

Now listening to Sinatra at the Sands

You hear full orchestra with good definition of each instrument and Sinatra with impressive range

Obviously must wait for full burn in over several weeks, particularly for the Aero and new usb cable.

My current headphone set up --
Aurender A 10 to
LTA Aero
Using Wywires Platinum usb cable
Aero to LTA Mz3 with Zysonix Ballista rca interconnects

Current hesdphone with this new set up
Audeze LCD X with Wywires Platinum headphone cables

Will try later with T+A Solitaire T and Meze 109 Pro both with Wywire Platinum headphone cables
Which DAC did it replace? Comparisons are welcome.

May 2, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #112 of 141
May 2, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #113 of 141
Quick question as to higher sampling rates-Does the DAC-down sample? and how is DSD handled?
If one can tell?

Thanks!
It doesn't handle DSD. Only 192 KHz PCM.

May 4, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #115 of 141
Oh bummer, the LTA website now says:
"NOTE: DUE TO HIGHER THAN EXPECTED PRODUCTION COSTS, ON MAY 13, 2024, THE PRICE OF THE AERO WILL BE $3950."

Just squeaking in under the $4K mark. A small company in a low-volume product space probably doesn't have much slack elsewhere to soak up higher production costs.

May 4, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #116 of 141
Oh bummer, the LTA website now says:
"NOTE: DUE TO HIGHER THAN EXPECTED PRODUCTION COSTS, ON MAY 13, 2024, THE PRICE OF THE AERO WILL BE $3950."

Just squeaking in under the $4K mark. A small company in a low-volume product space probably doesn't have much slack elsewhere to soak up higher production costs.
I haven't had the opportunity to listen to one, but just visually you can see it's a beautifully made product.

There isn't any genuine competition at the price point either AFAIK. And Lampizator is quite a lot more.

May 4, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #117 of 141
Come on then chap! We are eagerly anticipating your initial listening impressions please. Describe your full chain also 🙂🍻

May 4, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #118 of 141
I haven't had the opportunity to listen to one, but just visually you can see it's a beautifully made product.

There isn't any genuine competition at the price point either AFAIK. And Lampizator is quite a lot more.
That was my thought too. The price increase doesn't really change the value proposition for an R2R tube DAC with such good industrial design. The cheapest Lampizator is still over $1k more than the new price of the Aero.

May 5, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #119 of 141
Come on then chap! We are eagerly anticipating your initial listening impressions please. Describe your full chain also 🙂🍻
Hi,
I was so disappointed that I had only part of a day to listen to the Aero after picking it up. I hesitated even making the comments that I did submit but it was so impressive and so beyond the internal dac in my Aurender A10.
We have been on travel for a family reunion and I should be able to start listening to the Aero near the end of this week upon our return.
I am very interested in hearing your read on the Aero given your equipment and much more sophisticated review capabilities. Also, look forward to listening experiences of many other members.

May 5, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #120 of 141
Hi,
I was so disappointed that I had only part of a day to listen to the Aero after picking it up. I hesitated even making the comments that I did submit but it was so impressive and so beyond the internal dac in my Aurender A10.
We have been on travel for a family reunion and I should be able to start listening to the Aero near the end of this week upon our return.
I am very interested in hearing your read on the Aero given your equipment and much more sophisticated review capabilities. Also, look forward to listening experiences of many other members.
When did you place your order for the Aero?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back