sound quality cowon x7 vs ak120?
Dec 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
I have tried just about every DAP out there over the years and have found that the X7 gives me the best overall sound quality of anything I have used thus far but I am intrigued by the AK120 and wonder of anybody out there has experience with both of them and can give me some sort of comparison...much appreciated!

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 5
that is high praise because to my ears the X7 sounds terrific!I am tempted to give it a listen!One of the downsides sadly would be the big difference in battery life,at least for me because my X7 gets incredible battery life while I read that the AK120 gets about 10-12 hours!If the sound quality was that dramatic I suppose I could live with the much lower battery life!

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 5
While the X7 can be fiddled with to sound good, the AK100 doesn't need any EQ/DSP to sound great, clearer, punchier and larger soundstage. The battery time difference is shocking though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 5
I've found AK100 perfect in build quality and materials, but not sound. Despite of a good DAC inside SQ is not good. From competitors like Teclast T51, iHiFi760, iHifi960 Astel&Kern is on the last place. It has a lot of problems with bass and treble, soundstage and overall coloration, it has unnatural and too warm sound.
For me it is not top-tier player, but it is made solid and perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back