SounDevil - modern Windows music player
Jun 23, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #46 of 69
Jun 23, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #47 of 69
For convenience, can you make the upload also available on some English cloud service?
It's pretty uncomfortable that both links are password locked and in Chinese : )
I fully agree and I request the same.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #48 of 69
For convenience, can you make the upload also available on some English cloud service?
It's pretty uncomfortable that both links are password locked and in Chinese : )
Sorry about that.
Please recommend some net disks to me.
Due to national conditions, many English websites cannot be accessed, such as Google.
I once wanted to set up a website, but after learning about the relevant policies, I found that it was quite cumbersome for a small team.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #50 of 69
Hey @Joe Mak , how are you, man?
Are you still working on this? Hope so!

All the best! :)

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #52 of 69
Jul 17, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #53 of 69
I see that in the latest version, 1.6.0.13, all of the Internet Radio stations have been removed! 😥
There were some really nice radio stations there, like DI.FM, and like that!
Why have they been removed? Can you please add them back?

And, one more thing.
In the previous version, there was a picture of a microphone on the Playback screen, now it's gone, it is empty. So, I tried to add a picture from my laptop but it crashed. Twice I've tried to add a picture, it crashed both times. It generated an error reported but asked me to send it via my email, so I cancelled.

@Joe Mak , please?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #54 of 69
I see that in the latest version, 1.6.0.13, all of the Internet Radio stations have been removed! 😥
There were some really nice radio stations there, like DI.FM, and like that!
Why have they been removed? Can you please add them back?

And, one more thing.
In the previous version, there was a picture of a microphone on the Playback screen, now it's gone, it is empty. So, I tried to add a picture from my laptop but it crashed. Twice I've tried to add a picture, it crashed both times. It generated an error reported but asked me to send it via my email, so I cancelled.

@Joe Mak , please?
Radios: The old radio list was generated by 32-bit program and cannot be read by 64 bit program. You can now add stations manually. I'll make a 64 bit radio list when I'm free.
Microphone: The blank position in the lower right corner of the window (its original position). Click the right mouse button, and you can choose which buttons to display.

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #56 of 69
Microphone: The blank position in the lower right corner of the window (its original position). Click the right mouse button, and you can choose which buttons to display.
Sorry, what?

What I am trying to do is upload a picture from my computer, from the Pictures folder. When I try to do that, I am getting the message shown in the screenshot. If I will try a add a picture from my computer, SounDevil crashes. I am running Windows 11 Pro. I've also copied the picture inside the SounDevil folder but it still crashes.

Regarding the Internet Radio stations, can you or anyone else, tell me how to add them manually?
For example, let's say I would like to add this radio station: https://www.di.fm/deephouse
How can I add it manually?

Attachments

• soun1.png
    soun1.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • soun2.png
    soun2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #57 of 69
Sorry, what?

What I am trying to do is upload a picture from my computer, from the Pictures folder. When I try to do that, I am getting the message shown in the screenshot. If I will try a add a picture from my computer, SounDevil crashes. I am running Windows 11 Pro. I've also copied the picture inside the SounDevil folder but it still crashes.

Regarding the Internet Radio stations, can you or anyone else, tell me how to add them manually?
For example, let's say I would like to add this radio station: https://www.di.fm/deephouse
How can I add it manually?
Sorry, I misunderstood you before.
Setting the radio logo on the playback page is currently not allowed.
Please refer to the user manual for adding stations and logos manually.
If "Get Info" fails, it means that the URL is not supported.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #58 of 69
Please refer to the user manual for adding stations and logos manually.
Thanks, but what I have asked is: how to find/get the URL of the Internet Radio station from their website?

Jul 27, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #60 of 69
In the manual, page 22, it says:

It is recommended not to use the device used for music playback as the default output device of the operating system, especially when ASIO is used, because ASIO does not have a good communication mechanism with the operating system, various strange faults may occur.
Hi, I believe your query wasn't really answered correctly as looks like there's a misunderstanding between the two of you so let me help out.

I will use information from your Screenshot as an example. In your Screenshot you have 2 Audio Output Devices (I'm ignoring the FIIO since its not in this discussion) and you should use it as below:

1. CHORD (SounDevil Music ONLY)
2. Conexant ISST Audio (Every other sound that comes out from your computer) (this should the audio device that is built into your computer)

What the above instructions is recommending you to do is to open your Control Panel. Go to Sound. Now you should see the two devices above. (possibly more, but its safe to ignore the rest). Then right-click the Conexant ISST Audio and set that as the Default Device and Default Communication Device. By doing this, all sounds that your Computer produces will be output through your Conexant ISST Audio by default. Then when you specify a different Audio Output, your CHORD for example, in SounDevil, it will separately output audio through your CHORD instead.

What this instruction is trying to tell you is that for all other audio output (such as youtube or any other website with sound, games, Windows system sounds and other application sounds etc) besides music playing on SounDevil should not use the same Audio Output Device that you want to use to listen to music. For best compatibility when using ASIO in SounDevil, you should have separate outputs to avoid running into problems that ASIO sometimes causes. Use your USB DAC only for Music, while the rest should be output through another device, usually your built-in audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back