Styleaudio's Topaz and Emerald DAC/AMP Sale!!
Mar 24, 2009 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
[size=medium]Styleaudio's Topaz and Emerald DAC/AMP Sal[/size][size=medium]e![/size]

Whiplash Audio is proud to introduce the Styleaudio line of products to North America. Cryoparts will be the sole authorized importer and North American distributor of these fine components from our friends in Korea and they have named officially named Whiplash Audio a dealer!!

To start with, Whiplash Audio will be introducing the "Topaz" and the "Emerald" DAC/headphone amps. These two units are specifically designed for export to the US and employ everything that Styleaudio have learned over the past years as Korea's number one manufacturer of DAC/headphone amps.

In order to better serve the US market, Syleaudio re-designed the Topaz and Emerald with better specifications, used higher end parts/components and added a unique brass footer to help damp resonance. They also designed the Topaz and Emerald specifically to work with our 120VAC here in North America.

Styleaudio Topaz
3380528401_ab03721dcd.jpg

3380528447_11beaa6f73.jpg

3380528489_4d0b5d2c1f.jpg

3380528557_90f5dfbafe.jpg

The Styleaudio Topaz is an affordable ultra high quality DAC and headphone amplifier. A custom designed and very dense PCB is stuffed with the highest quality parts, including: OSCON and WIMA caps, 1.0ppm TCXO clock and Vishay-Dale resistors. In addition to using top shelf parts, the designers also segregated each section of the unit, isolating the input, digital coversion, main power and analog sections from each other to ensure a very low noise floor.

The headphone driver portion of the Topaz is quite special, utilizing two of the high performance TI/Burr Brown OPA2134 OPAMP's, allowing the Topaz to comfortably drive any headphone from 32ohm to 300ohm. The line ouput section gets the same attention to detail as the rest of the unit and employs two of the Analog Device AD817 OPAMP's, allowing the Topaz to be at home in a high end two channel audio system. Impressively, the Topaz also use four of the TI NE5534 OPAMP's for the I/V section, a testament to their dedication to quality and good sound. The Topaz is powered by the included power supply.

The impressive engineering pedigree and use of top notch parts continues into the DAC section. Utilizing the TI PCM1792 24bit/192Khz DA converter, this DAC is capable of an astounding dynamic range of 123dB with a negligible THD+N of 0.0005%. The USB input is controlled by the proven TI PCM2707 USB controller, allowing use of up to 48Khz files via USB. And, finally, the digital controller is the Crystal CS8416 with low jitter clock recovery.

The Topaz is truly "plug and play" with any Mac OS of 9.0 or later and any Windows OS of 2000, or later. Plug it in, let the dirvers load, select the device (if necessary) and listen to the great sound now emanating from your computer!

Package includes:
Topaz DAC/headphone amp
USB Cable
Brass feet/couplers
User’s manual
6VDC power adapter
For more detailed information and full specifications, visit the Styleaudio factory Topaz blog entry, which will sound a lot like my description as I assisted Styleaudio with the English content.

Introductory special $449.00!

For optimum performance from your USB source and this DAC, we recommend that you purchase a CryoParts USB cable from Whiplash Audio: USB Cables

Styleaudio Emerald
3380592875_4c0928c8e5.jpg

3381414616_0fa4a297d0.jpg

3381414676_b428eea1e3.jpg

3380593187_7bbe6a5c8a.jpg

The Styleaudio Emerald is an affordable very high quality DAC and headphone amplifier. A custom designed and very dense PCB is stuffed with the highest quality parts, including: OSCON and WIMA caps, 1.5ppm TCXO clock and Vishay-Dale resistors. In addition to using top shelf parts, the designers also segregated each section of the unit, isolating the input, digital conversion, main power and analog sections from each other to ensure a very low noise floor.

The Emerald is a high performance portable device as it can make use of either USB bus power via its internally TDK filtered circuit, allowing it to be powered from any computer when you are on the go. Or it can be powered via the included external "wall wart", when one is near a power receptacle and desires a bit higher performance.

The headphone driver portion of the Emerald is special as well, utilizing the high performance OPA2134 and OPA2604 OPAMP's from TI. This robust headphone amplification section will drive any headphone from 32ohm to 300ohm with ease.

And, the "goodness" continues into the DAC section. Utiliziing the TI PCM1793 24bit/192Khz DA converter, this DAC is capable of an astounding dynamic range of 113dB with a negligible THD+N of 0.001%. The USB input is controlled by the proven TI PCM2707 USB controller, allowing use of up to 48Khz files via USB.

The Emerald will work "plug and play" with any Mac OS of 9.0 or later and any Windows OS of 2000, or later. Plug it in, let the drivers load, select the device (if necessary) and listen to the great sound now emanating from your computer!

Package includes:
Emerald DAC/headphone amp
USB Cable
Brass feet/couplers
User’s manual
5VDC power adapter
For more detailed information and full specifications, please download the StyleAudio Emerald Specifications PDF brochure, or visit the Styleaudio factory Emerald blog entry, which will sound a lot like my description as I assisted Styleaudio with the English content

Introductory special $349.00!

For optimum performance from your USB source and this DAC, we recommend that you purchase a CryoParts USB cable from Whiplash Audio: USB Cables

Please visit Whiplash Audio Dynamics starting March 26th for ordering details!!

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Likwid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any updates on when this will be available? I may wanna add this to the collection
smily_headphones1.gif

They are officially in stock now!!!

Product Link:
DACs
darthsmile.gif

Thanks,
Craig
Whiplash Audio

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Likwid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any updates on when this will be available? I may wanna add this to the collection
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey!!

They are on my site now!!!!

Product Link:
DACs

Fire away!!
Thanks for your interests.
Craig
Whiplash Audio

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 39
This is a message from the CryoParts, the direct importer of Styleaudio's Topaz and Emerald.

Quote from Lee:
"I am the North American importer and distributor for Styleaudio.

A few comments.

The Topaz and Emerald are the only two models designed for the US market and the only two models that I import and are the only two models authorized and designed for use and sale in North America. The two models are eligible for warranty coverage (in the unlikely event of a problem) in North America, any of the others are not.

I worked closely with Styleaudio on these models and they are an upgrade from all the previous models that they have released in Korea. Here is a graph provided direct from Styleaudio explaining how the models compare and are situated in their lineup:
3393765183_847629a87c.jpg

In any event, look for a few reviews to show themselves on Head-Fi as customers who have ordered start to receive their units. I have also provided Skylab with a review sample, which he will talk about soon, I'm sure. They are special units, IMHO.

EDIT--Craig from Whiplash Audio is the premiere Head-Fi dealer for these, so feel free to contact him, or myself, with any questions.

Peace,

Lee"

You are also welcome to post your questions on this forum as well!!

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Responded to your email but have not yet received a response.

Pls check.

F. Lo

Hi!

Thanks for your email...

I had to set away for a few. I'm catching up with my emails now.

wink.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #14 of 39
Hello SACD-Man,

I browsed the internet for reviews of Styleaudio products and noticed that the earlier models of DAC/headphone amp combo appears to have very low gain and was barely enough to drive full size headphones (one reviewer said he needs to turn the volume to 4 o'clock - nearly max - when he plugged in his pair of W1000).

I see the TOPAZ and EMERALD are said to be able to now drive low and high impedance headphones with ease. Was there major design change in the headphone amp circuit in these later products ?

F. Lo

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 39
You might be referring to the HD1V, which does not share the same circuity.

In comparison, these are two separate productions. The Emerald and Topaz can handle higher impedance headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back