Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
May 18, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #616 of 661
So rumors are swirling about a new Hifiman TOTL pair of cans. Immanis level pricing. I'm very intriqued. Can they top the Sus...we'll see....

May 18, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #617 of 661
If Hifiman releases a new pair of TOTL headphones, and it's not the Sus 2 (or so I've come to understand), what can they do? TC-level bass in a traditional wearing style, easier to drive, a tad more resolution? What else can they do? They are already fast, they already have good bass (but not TC levels), the resolution is good, but could be better, I guess. A new TOTL Hifiman better be Shang Sr. levels for the asking price

May 18, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #618 of 661
Unless they are jumping on the Ribbon bandwagon, I doubt they can make a planar better than the current cans.

May 18, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #619 of 661
Unless they are jumping on the Ribbon bandwagon, I doubt they can make a planar better than the current cans.
From my understanding it will be a planar. We'll see...

May 18, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #620 of 661
From my understanding it will be a planar. We'll see...
Supposedly they just revealed a Mini Shangri-La at Munich recently. could be it?

May 19, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #621 of 661
I had it for a couple months while my WA33 EE JPS was being built. On the stock tube, I didn't like it. It sounded muddy with very fast passages. Apparently, that can be fixed with another tube, but I don't know. I liked the WA33 better. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting since I’m debating on upgrading my WA33 to a WA33 EE or the AIC-10.

How’s the Head space amp compare to the WA33 EE?

I mostly listen with my Sus to metal, edm, hiphop.

May 19, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #622 of 661
I heard rumours of closed back (Susvara).
Don't get your hopes up too much. :frowning2:
If it's an open back and a TOTL Susvara successor that would be awesome though.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #623 of 661
So rumors are swirling about a new Hifiman TOTL pair of cans. Immanis level pricing. I'm very intriqued. Can they top the Sus...we'll see....
Personally I hope for a Susvara organic with some more grunt down low.

I don't think there is much else that could convince me to go back to Hifiman

May 19, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #624 of 661
I heard rumours of closed back (Susvara).
Don't get your hopes up too much. :frowning2:
If it's an open back and a TOTL Susvara successor that would be awesome though.
It's an open back planar and hifimans new flagship

May 19, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #625 of 661
May 19, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #626 of 661
May 19, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #628 of 661
May 19, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #629 of 661
It's not only the queue factor but simply more convenient application without a need for the adapter that Immanis requires and that also limits/defines the length of the cable (therefore how close I need to sit to the amp). Hopefully it will be a bit more dynamic/less polite model (than Susvara), very much intrigued about this prospect.

May 19, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #630 of 661
Exactly - $12k for speakers + $20k for a pair of high quality subs and you are at $32k. You buy monitors for the WAF and the simpler crossover design and not to save money.
FWIW, I have active ATC SCM-19A towers on IsoAcoustics Gaia footers (~$4,000 used) plus a Totem Storm sub on an IsoAcoustics Aperta sub stand (~$800 used) running off a Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE preamp ($1,000 used) with cables to taste/match.

About $6,000 plus cables (using my existing front-end/DAC) and frankly I’d put it up against systems costing loads more (and reviewers agree). And the only thing I’d consider changing is adding another Storm sub for perfect stereo on the low end…

Point being, you could get near-reference grade even buying new for $12-15,000. 😉

Since you have a great pre/source, ATC actives plus a sub or two as needed would work wonders. Just a thought.

Adding a vote for using music as a therapeutical tool, especially with movement/dance.

The brain chems triggered by music and light exercise together can really help, at least with light- to moderate depression in my experience (years as a clinical depressive, though everyone is different!).

Very sorry to hear of your challenges and battles, @Ciggavelli . It takes guts and trust to share what you have, kudos.

I am a believer in the importance of moderation (to your points about alcohol)- but totally understand that addiction short-circuits this notion completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back