:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #677 of 1,119
You should be happy that no one is talking about any other food in the area, then. There's In-N-Out, Viet, Thai...
devil_face.gif

All of the food I want to try... All of the audio products I want to buy...

It will be very hard to balance enjoying myself and keeping my health and fitness goals on track. Though, that's just about as hopeless as me not buying anything at CanJam.

Might as well just accept and embrace it 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #681 of 1,119
Will anyone be traveling from around Playa Vista San / Sat morning for CJ?
Traveling with Uber four times is kinda costly and I am a bit hesitant to stay at a motel nearby.
If someone could give me a ride, or if someone wants to pool or if someone knows a cheap place to stay at, that'd be awesome!
Thanks
And Canjam HYPE :3

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #682 of 1,119
Will anyone be traveling from around Playa Vista San / Sat morning for CJ?
Traveling with Uber four times is kinda costly and I am a bit hesitant to stay at a motel nearby.
If someone could give me a ride, or if someone wants to pool or if someone knows a cheap place to stay at, that'd be awesome!
Thanks
And Canjam HYPE :3

Woo!  EU brother making the trek to hang out!  Who says there's no community there?  lol

beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #684 of 1,119
I'll be there Saturday to say hi to some friends, not sure about Sunday yet.  I was going to showcase my DIY Orpheus clones and some rare HPs but it looks like that kinda fell apart.  I'll probably bring the clones in my car in case anybody has a mini meet in their hotel room.  If so, don't hesitate to send me a PM.  I'm working on a mini Orpheus clone and electrostatic IEM right now, not sure if those will make the trip.  Anyways, see you all there!

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #686 of 1,119
Hello all, new to the forum and planning going to my first Can Jam next weekend.  

I'm in the market for new headphones and am 90% set on HifiMan Edition X headphones.  So should I

#1) Not buy anything prior to Can Jam. Listen to everything else so I can make an informed decision.
  • HPs I've never heard but may want instead
    • OPPO PM-1, Mr Speakers Ether, any Beyerdynamics
  • Headphones I've heard but most likely won't  choose:
    • HE-560, EngimaAcoustics Dharma

Headphones I've definitely ruled out based on several listening sessions: HD600, HD650, HD800, LCD-2, LCD-3, LCD-X, Grados

or #2) Buy the HEX *before* the show, bring them to the show, and look for more gear there!  

e.g., DAC, amps, etc.

Also, do you think anyone will be offering a discount on the HEX?

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #687 of 1,119
i'd hold off on the hex purchase, since can jam is only 1 week away.  It's always best to audition headphones before purchasing, if possible, especially for an expensive one like the hex.  Who knows, you might find something else that you like better.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #688 of 1,119
I think CrocCap is giving you some very sound advice to wait. Besides hearing all the headphones vendors are bringing, there will be many members demoing their rigs in various places around the hotel. Might even find a member burdened with too big a collection of headphones willing to sell one of his.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #689 of 1,119
I just got called 10 time zones away for work, so I won't be abl to bring the KSE1500's to share. Maybe @jude can bring his to fill the void. FYI, they were wonderful on the long flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back