:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Jul 14, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #333 of 441

@warrenpchi Don't forget a badge for me!  I was missed being added to the Attendees list.  I pm'd @third_eye that I had posted in #101 that I plan to attend.  Thanks!

I gotcha!  
smile.gif

And thanks much for the positive words, Warren.

beerchug.gif

And PS- I wrote the above posting in a bit of a rush so if something didn't come across right or doesn't make sense then let me know so I can edit it.

It's all good.  
smile.gif

spdif-out at 24/192

How does it sound?

beautiful graphics design.

Thank you @warrenpchi

Thanks for the kind words fellas!  
redface.gif

Sorry please remove me from the list, it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend anymore.

But I made a badge for you!  
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #335 of 441
No ALO's new CDM tube amp/dac at the meet?

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #336 of 441
Bought my ticket.   Will be there for my first Head-Fi meet.  Bringing my girlfriend so hopefully I can get her off of Youtube listening and show her what she is missing with some good cans and source files.  Really looking forward to trying the Oppo PM-3 and Audeze EL-8 powered by my RWAK240 to upgrade my work rig and move away from IEMs.  

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #337 of 441
I'll have the fiio x3-2 with me.  I'll probably be demoing my system with that as the primary source.  I'll have an AK4399 dac with me and so you can compare the sound of that external dac to the onboard cs4398.  to me, the onboard xtal^Hcirrus dac is fabulous.  no complaints here.

the phones out, though, seems to have some dc offset issues; at least my dc coupled preamp (alpha10) shows clicks as I vary volume and that only happens when there is offset.  that's on the phones-out.  the line-out seems better, but there's a reason I want to run the phones-out into my preamp (hint: remote control hacking) :wink:

so, if someone wants to bring a dac by my table and compare that dac to the onboard fiio dac, that's fine with me.  coax-out only, no opto; but I do have an spdif switch that will convert both opto and coax to both, so we can convert if you need to.

I'm really happy with the (admittedly primitive) remote control I hacked into the fiio.  even for just song pause and skip, its worth having.  I'm not aware of anyone else doing this yet so I think its a first, and I'll have it working this saturday for those that want to check it out.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #339 of 441
I'll be coming, to learn as much as possible. I'm very excited, it will be my first audio meet-up. I'll be picking the minds of anyone friendly enough to help me steer thru my next upgrade path with CIEMS and cables.

I'm really hoping Chrishimself will be there. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #340 of 441
  I'll be coming, to learn as much as possible. I'm very excited, it will be my first audio meet-up. I'll be picking the minds of anyone friendly enough to help me steer thru my next upgrade path with CIEMS and cables.

I'm really hoping Chrishimself will be there. 

The meet will be an awesome place to learn more and help you regarding your next upgrade path regarding CIEMs and cables.  Others will definitely help you out, but you can always look for me and I'll be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

Looking forward to seeing you (and everyone) there!

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #341 of 441
Didn't know if I had to register for the wikia thing but I went ahead and did it. Now I gotta hope to get there in time.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #342 of 441
Wish I could Come :frowning2:

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #344 of 441
  I'll be showing this rig at the SF meet and big thanks to Aurender for providing an N100H (and Flow, not pictured) for the meet! 

Ethan, how do you like the N100H?

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #345 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back