T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
May 3, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #3,196 of 3,218
Is $3300-$3500 the street price new or used? Tks.
Used, the Susvara example also had used prices. Wanted to make an even comparison.

I assume T+A headphones don't offer much headroom for deals.

on that we disagree strongly but everybody hears things differently...
Isn't it nice to disagree like adults :)

May 3, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #3,198 of 3,218
Used, the Susvara example also had used prices. Wanted to make an even comparison.

I assume T+A headphones don't offer much headroom for deals.

Isn't it nice to disagree like adults :)
yes, I actually come hear to hear people who politely disagree with me..only way I learn and experiment...

May 4, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #3,199 of 3,218
Anyone interested in selling SolP? If so, please PM. Thanks.

May 6, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #3,200 of 3,218
at the street price for a used susvara being say 3200-3500 it in IMHO simply a far batter option than the sol p and I like the sol p...I compare it more to the caldera
I expect this is true when you have a Envy or CFA3 to drive the Susvara, but after an extensive comparison session today between my Susvara and Sol P (driving off the Formula S and Powerman) I am very likely to put my Susvara up for sale in the next day or two (cus I know I won't be able to shell out for an Envy in the next year or so). I personally think the Sol P is a better overall package than the Sus or TC. But you have a better chain than me.

May 6, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #3,201 of 3,218
I expect this is true when you have a Envy or CFA3 to drive the Susvara
This could be true, bc it takes a considerable amp for the Sus. But I could still see someone liking the Sol P over the Sus for various reasons. Both headphones have their strengths and weaknesses.

May 6, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #3,202 of 3,218
I expect this is true when you have a Envy or CFA3 to drive the Susvara, but after an extensive comparison session today between my Susvara and Sol P (driving off the Formula S and Powerman) I am very likely to put my Susvara up for sale in the next day or two (cus I know I won't be able to shell out for an Envy in the next year or so). I personally think the Sol P is a better overall package than the Sus or TC. But you have a better chain than me.
You could also add the HoloAudio Bliss amp which is excellent with the Susvara and around $3400 if you need another amp.
Or just stay with the Sol P. I just ordered one and will compare both.

May 6, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #3,204 of 3,218
interesting I bought the formula s/powerman combo years ago and used it and loved it with the abyss 1266 and thought it simply wasnt up to driving the susvara so I cant disagree with your view...the susvara needs a great chain although I think the forula s combo is top notch although not quite up to driving the susvara...very little is

May 9, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #3,205 of 3,218
I recently traded for a Meze Elite which will be arriving next week. I also bought the upgraded Meze silver-plated copper cable to go with it, which I actually have now. And I just placed an order with Affinity Adapters for a set so I can use the Meze cable with the Sol P. Looking forward to trying this cable with the Ps, hoping it's a good pairing :fingers_crossed:

May 20, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #3,206 of 3,218
I really enjoy this setup... i am done ... for a while :wink:

Attachments

• 20240521_001448.jpg
    20240521_001448.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
May 21, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #3,208 of 3,218
I have the Sol P Ultra Wide pads for sale if anyone is interested. They are essentially new having only used them a couple of times before going back to the original pads. Please PM if interested.

May 21, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #3,209 of 3,218
I have the Sol P Ultra Wide pads for sale if anyone is interested. They are essentially new having only used them a couple of times before going back to the original pads. Please PM if interested.
What are the sonic differences to your ears? Sounds like you prefer the stock pads

May 21, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #3,210 of 3,218
What are the sonic differences to your ears? Sounds like you prefer the stock pads
I couldn't hear a big difference to begin with, but after listening for a while I noticed that the highs were slightly increased, as others have mentioned here, perhaps giving the impression of a little more detail? Vocals were maybe a little clearer. I didn't dislike the slight change in sound but decided having both pads wasn't really necessary. Glad I tried them though as I've been wondering for a while about the difference they would make.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back