Takstar pro80 abd beyerdynamic 770 80/250 comparison
Dec 24, 2013 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fightmyass

New Head-Fier
Hey hey.
Can anyone compare these headphones? Their advantages and weaknesses.
I'm asking coz there is a big difference in price. Nad in the same time ppl say pro80 sounds even better than 770.
sorry for my english

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Hey hey.
I'm asking coz there is a big difference in price. Nad in the same time ppl say pro80 sounds even better than 770.
sorry for my english

The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) are a great value, best sounding headphones for under $100 that I know of.
If Sony put their name on them I'm sure they would sell for well over $100.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey hey.
sorry for my english

Sorry to bump an old thread, but since there was no answer to the question I'd like to do so.

I did a short ear comparison not long ago between the two and this is what I remember:
Both headphones are quite flat in signature and are very dynamic. The DT770 250Ohm has tighter bass, much higher high frequency extension, and slightly better sound stage (deeper and wider). Overall the DT770 250Ohm is a more refined pair of cans. Both are built very well, sturdy, flexible and pretty light. For the price of $60 for the Takstar Pro 80 you cannot get a better pair of flat signature cans even 2 times the price. The DT770 is about 3-4x the price of that and is also worth every penny.
The Takstar Pro 80 is in my opinion the best started headphone and the DT770 250 Ohm is the best upgrade to the Pro 80 if your looking for the same type of sound but much more refined.

May 26, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 5
IMHO The DT770 Pro 250 ohm sound very similar to the ATH-M50, perhaps with an ever so slightly darker signature. Either though both are  great for listening to any genre of music especially rock but by todays standards both of these are more audiophile that studiophile,

The Beyers are just a slightly bit more comfortable, but not foldable, so ultimately it depends on use.

I did a comparison of the Takstar Pro80 with the DT1350 and I preferred the Pro80's by a long shot, see that's mainly because I prefer circumaural cans. The DT1350's are very mid-range centric too, to the extent they cloud up the bass. Even up against the Senns HD25 1 II which is what the DT1350's compete against directly, the DT1350's sound too anemic. The Senns on the other hand deliver ultra tight fast bass with exceptional transient response, They're perfect for using with Cubase, Reaper, Pro Tools etc, but for working with, the DT150 is my ultimate headphone of choice.

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 5
  The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) are a great value, best sounding headphones for under $100 that I know of.
If Sony put their name on them I'm sure they would sell for well over $100.

One of the Best sounding headphones (takstar pro 80) for under £100 that i know of as well.

That's my most serious commitment to these headphones, they well and truly deserve to be named among the best for under 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back