The Astell & Kern AK120
Jun 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #1,966 of 7,071
Sounds exactly like that : I have this effect....... so I try another lame setting ..... will see fb2k parameter....

Thks a lot

Hope it works out well for you. I have a number of classical recordings and those chopping off drove me crazy earlier as well.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,967 of 7,071
Try to change some lame parameter.... still doesn't work :angry_face:
I also try with CBR doesn't work too... grrrrrrr
Continue research on monday if it works for you, it should work for me......

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,968 of 7,071
Quote:
Try to change some lame parameter.... still doesn't work
angry_face.gif

I also try with CBR doesn't work too... grrrrrrr
Continue research on monday if it works for you, it should work for me......

That sucks.... :frowning2:
Are you ripping from the CD again?  You mentioned earlier you converted your mp3 it from FLAC, does the FLAC files themselves work? 

If all else fail maybe worth sending a PM to Jmoon with link to a copy of your files and see if iriver can investigate for you....

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,969 of 7,071
Quote:
Just to update you all guys.
My faulty AK120 been sent back and they promised to give me a new unit, by Saturday.
Let's hope it will come with 1.00 firmware and I will update to the 1.21 or the one after when I feel like it.
Once again thank you all for the kind support and all the advice, especially to those who contacted me by PM regarding my problem.
Regards,
Levi

Another update
mad.gif

Guys.....do not buy from Audio Affair.
They are not professional, they got my faulty unit and they would not return my calls and emails.
I was hoping I will get a new unit by Saturday 29.06...very unhappy.
They didn't even knew they have my faulty unit wich I have sent on 27.06 via next day delivery....what a waste of time and money....thinking of taking this problem further....:and yes I expect a free bonus after all this time I consumed:):)(

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,971 of 7,071
Quote:
If you have problems then consider going to your card issuer

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Thanks,
they said the item was delivered now, lol..
but no tracking number..
anyway....there is nothing I want to say....audio affair....is just another affair....a joke.!

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,972 of 7,071
Hope all ends well. It is a lot of money. Have no experience of the retailer, my last few audio purchases have all been with places where I have visited their retail outlet in person.

Have half worked out we are local and I am really wanting to demo the AK120. Custom Cable however say I can pop back in a few weeks once their demo unit has 'burned in'

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #1,973 of 7,071
Quote:
Hope all ends well. It is a lot of money. Have no experience of the retailer, my last few audio purchases have all been with places where I have visited their retail outlet in person.

Have half worked out we are local and I am really wanting to demo the AK120. Custom Cable however say I can pop back in a few weeks once their demo unit has 'burned in'

You are more then welcome to demo mine in few days.Where about are you?
I may bring it to Costum Cable to try different headphones.
PM to arrange to meet.
Levi

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,974 of 7,071
Quote:
Tupac, my current mobile setup is an IPC Rockboxed+RSA Intruder+JH13 and I'm very happy with it. However, with the RSA I'm limited to 16bit and I'm considering adding an AK120 to experiment with mobile 24bit audio.

Before I do, would you be willing to share your Rockbox EQ settings? I want to experiment a little more with my current 16bit rig before I take the plunge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am sorry I didn't see this till just now.

Sure if you can pm me, I will let you know the Rockbox EQ settings. I can do a very good JH16 EQ rockbox setting (IMO), that sounds very balanced.
I am only ok with the new JH13 FP, there is something weird about JH13's bass that I can't figure out the frequency region. But you can give my EQ setting a try anyway.

Cheers

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,975 of 7,071
Quote:
Sure if you can pm me, I will let you know the Rockbox EQ settings. I can do a very good JH16 EQ rockbox setting (IMO), that sounds very balanced.
I am only ok with the new JH13 FP, there is something weird about JH13's bass that I can't figure out the frequency region. But you can give my EQ setting a try anyway.

Cheers

PM Sent. Thx Tupac!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #1,976 of 7,071
Quote:
Another update
mad.gif

They are not professional, they got my faulty unit and they would not return my calls and emails.
They didn't even knew they have my faulty unit wich I have sent on 27.06 via next day delivery....what a waste of time and money....thinking of taking this problem further....:and yes I expect a free bonus after all this time I consumed:):)(

Hi Levi, apologies again for the fact the AK120 was faulty. As already discussed, we aim to reply to e-mails very quickly and we were only aware of the fault after we received an e-mail from the supplier you'd sent over to him (we checked our e-mail prior to this and couldn't see an e-mail from you prior to that day). As we were briefly out of stock (the AK120 has been very popular), our customer services manager John was working to get you a replacement unit ASAP and of the delivery just received (all of which has sold out), you were shipped the first one to come in which was sent yesterday on DPD (Saturday delivery). I just checked and its showing as being delivered to you this morning at 8:39am. I hope this one is ok (as faults with these are rare) and if you have any further questions please call us today before 5:30pm or call John on Monday, on 0844 50 403 50.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,978 of 7,071
Quote:
Quote:
Another update
mad.gif

Hi Levi, apologies again for the fact the AK120 was faulty. As already discussed, we aim to reply to e-mails very quickly and we were only aware of the fault after we received an e-mail from the supplier you'd sent over to him (we checked our e-mail prior to this and couldn't see an e-mail from you prior to that day). As we were briefly out of stock (the AK120 has been very popular), our customer services manager John was working to get you a replacement unit ASAP and of the delivery just received (all of which has sold out), you were shipped the first one to come in which was sent yesterday on DPD (Saturday delivery). I just checked and its showing as being delivered to you this morning at 8:39am. I hope this one is ok (as faults with these are rare) and if you have any further questions please call us today before 5:30pm or call John on Monday, on 0844 50 403 50.

Yes all is sorted now, thank you hope this will last me a long time and the up and down buttons are working fine on this unit.. Got my new AK120 today, and the firmware is 1.00 wich I wanted. Thank you again for the quick delivery. Regards ,Levi
Anybody noticed they power button moves slightly if you gently touch it? Is this normal? I remember on my previous AK120 the button didn't move at all.

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,979 of 7,071
Quote:
Yes all is sorted now, thank you hope this will last me a long time and the up and down buttons are working fine on this unit.. Got my new AK120 today, and the firmware is 1.00 wich I wanted. Thank you again for the quick delivery. Regards ,Levi
Anybody noticed they power button moves slightly if you gently touch it? Is this normal? I remember on my previous AK120 the button didn't move at all.

Mine has a tiny bit of give as well Levi. I think that is normal

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,980 of 7,071
Quote:

Excellent news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back