The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #8,581 of 9,131
Just got my ak240 blue note edition, sounded great, upgraded to 1.35, sound goes to trash.... If anybody happens to have firmware 1.18 file please hit me up.

Unfortunately, you can't revert to an older FW without returning your 240 to a service center. I found this out when I requested an older FW from iRiver.

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #8,584 of 9,131
  I guess different strokes.  My 240SS sounds wonderful with 1.35.  

same here.  1.35 was a big improvement in SQ imho

Previous to 1.35, I had issues with the FW but now with the UI improvements and the support for Tidal, I have no desire to revert. If only the DAC function problems could be corrected, I would be satisfied, even if the 240 is eventually orphaned.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #8,586 of 9,131
Just got a blue note today around $1650.

Is it true that only 1000 blue note are produced?

Seems that many stocks are still in the market.

I bought one today for $1650 and my serial no. is 63 or 73

Nice deal, you got only the player or the whole package with stands and stuff? 

There are some stocks in the market, but it will run out eventually. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #8,587 of 9,131
Nice deal, you got only the player or the whole package with stands and stuff? 

There are some stocks in the market, but it will run out eventually. 

It is the whole package with the stand and all the stuff, that's why I also think it's a decent deal.

It is my third AK player after AK100ii and the og AK 120. My last DAP was DPX1, which has some problems in its 2.5mm plug.

So far I am very satisfied with blue note's sound quality and its build, but I wonder why it takes so long to get fully charged.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #8,588 of 9,131
Just got a blue note today around $1650.

Is it true that only 1000 blue note are produced?

Seems that many stocks are still in the market.

I bought one today for $1650 and my serial no. is 63 or 73

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, also at a much-reduced price. Didn't realize they were a limited run. If I'm reading the barcode on the side of the box correctly, mine is #859.

I'm really enjoying it. The sound is phenomenal and lazy-ass me is happy that all the music is preloaded.

e: whoops, looks like I need to update my sig!

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #8,589 of 9,131
I preferred AK240 over Opus #2 when using Fitear Tg334, more airy and overall better synergy over Opus #2.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #8,590 of 9,131
I bought my toy a new set of clothes, a Dignis/Borsa DAP bag.  They come from Korea, cost $50 plus a pretty hefty quick shipping fee, but it got here in about five days.  Nice material, my 240SS fits very well (I bought the medium, could have gotten away with the small), nice belt loop, removable strap, well-padded.  Quality pouch.  Nice folks to deal with.  They've got a Korean site and a Korean site in English.

I have been looking for a third party AK240 case that was not hideous but also prevent it from sliding out and smashing into the floor - something that has happened twice now to me in the smooth stock leather case. It was silly they didn't put a button latch on the top or something to prevent this. Im very surprised there are pretty much NO third party options that are tailored to the AK240 - just people using point and click camera cases and stuff which don't fit well and look strange.

I'm definitely ordering a small right now. Thank you for sharing.

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #8,591 of 9,131
smile.gif
  The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that the belt loop is on a hinge, so the bag dangles a bit low and tends to shift/slap when I walk.  Easily solved by tying a piece of wide flat ribbon around the bag and through the belt loop to allow the bag to stay up.  I keep my 240SS in its leather aftermarket case while in the bag, but that's just me.

Oh, and I bought the Earphone Pouch Dignes sells, holds the 240SS and both pairs of iems plus tips and still has a space left over.

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #8,592 of 9,131
For my AK240, I'm using this Japanese made pouch, it's perfect!

doUfhRO.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back