The Course of Vacuum Tubes in Cayin Portable Personal Audio, and a Glimpse to the Future
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #32 of 39
I prefer to save for the best than settle :wink:
Same reason why i got the RS8 and not the RS6 :) And if you plan on any "tour" of europe to review, it would be a great opportunity to try it too!
Hey! I came back to head-fi at a good time! Heard the c9 last time but didn’t buy due to having DX220max. Now I get to watch the c9 ii development and get to decide if I go iBasso stack or Cayin stack. Go product development!

Also, let me join Canada product tour if there’s one🫡

May 5, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 39
Can't believe didn't see this before, this thread is so under the radar!
It's amazing to hear an official word about the development and thanks for sharing the early design drafts!
The first render looks pretty amazing, with side/ top windows, screen and more symmetrical design.
Hopefully, there will be a chance to demo a prototype at Canjam London. :wink:

Couldn't wait for the launch to come any sooner and to pair it with the N7! :fire:

May 23, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #34 of 39
Can't believe didn't see this before, this thread is so under the radar!
It's amazing to hear an official word about the development and thanks for sharing the early design drafts!
The first render looks pretty amazing, with side/ top windows, screen and more symmetrical design.
Hopefully, there will be a chance to demo a prototype at Canjam London. :wink:

Couldn't wait for the launch to come any sooner and to pair it with the N7! :fire:

To make it easier for the readers, I have revised my signature, let's hope this thread will pick up more tech. discussion on portable vacuum tube applications. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #35 of 39
I promised to come back when we make any progress on the C9ii.

3D printing has become an essential part of our portable product development, it is a lot more efficient than old-school prototyping when we can feed our CAD modeling to the 3D printer directly. These are snapshots from the R&D office during casual updates, so the photos are not the best, but they serve the purpose of internal communications.

Image_20240523140554.jpg

Image_20240523140538.jpg

Image_20240523140515.jpg

May 23, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #36 of 39
love the look! And the black-gold is perfect (only could besupplanted by pure naked titanium).

May 24, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #37 of 39
The 3D printed prototype will assist us in making an informed decision regarding the external design of the portable amplifier. From here on, we shall carry out further structural optimization to include internal details such as PCB mounts, suspended installation of Nutube, and rails for the removable battery tray. It will take several iterations of the prototype before we arrive at the final chassis structure.

At the same time, the C9ii circuit design is well on the way. As you can see, we don't need to consider the shape and dimension of the chassis at this stage, we spread out the circuit to make it easier to try out different options, and solder jumper wires flexibly. We simplified the design down to single input and single output only but we do include switches to enable timber options which is an important part of the C9 product line. Again, this might take a few iterations before we finalize the circuit design, but at some point, we shall layout the PCB to match the shape and dimension of the C9ii chassis structure and check out how far we can go with new features such as HYPER mode in the cramped environment.

NB: I'll start a new C9ii product thread when we complete the R&D process, this thread will remain as general tech talk on the Nutube implementation for portable audio products.

C9ii PCB 20240515.jpg

Last edited:

May 24, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #38 of 39
The 3D printed prototype will assist us in making an informed decision regarding the external design of the portable amplifier. From here on, we shall carry out further structural optimization to include internal details such as PCB mounts, suspended installation of Nutube, and rails for the removable battery tray. It will take several iterations of the prototype before we arrive at the final chassis structure.

At the same time, the C9ii circuit design is well on the way. As you can see, we don't need to consider the shape and dimension of the chassis at this stage, we spread out the circuit to make it easier to try out different options, and solder jumper wires flexibly. We simplified the design down to single input and single output only but we do include switches to enable timber options which is an important part of the C9 product line. Again, this might take a few iterations before we finalize the circuit design, bt at some point, we shall layout the PCB to match the shape and dimension of the C9ii chassis structure and check out how far we can go with new features such as HYPER mode in the cramped environment.

NB: I'll start a new C9ii product thread when we complete the R&D process, this thread will remain as general tech talk on the Nutube implementation for portable audio products.

C9ii PCB 20240515.jpg
I love the transparency and how Cayin interacts with the community during development

May 24, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #39 of 39
Love these new black/gold color schemes from Cayin. So much swag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back