The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 15, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #22,036 of 35,359
I think that it is worth noting that now at least one of these scam artists is so bold that it is listing ("currently unavailable") Oppo Blu-Rays, Yamaha Adventage receivers and  more for just $1 each with free shipping.

Woah. Came in here looking for Grado deals and then hello fellow In Reno!

Anyways, I didn't see anything (still in stock) and ordered the sr60e at retail from Amazon since I needed something else anyway, and this way I could receive the free shipping.

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #22,037 of 35,359
Oct 15, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #22,038 of 35,359
I think that it is worth noting that now at least one of these scam artists is so bold that it is listing ("currently unavailable") Oppo Blu-Rays, Yamaha Adventage receivers and  more for just $1 each with free shipping.

Anyways, I didn't see anything (still in stock) and ordered the sr60e at retail from Amazon since I needed something else anyway, and this way I could receive the free shipping.
you can always email sonicelectronix and name your price for a better deal

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #22,040 of 35,359

Did not know that. What are we talking about, like 10% off? Do you need to send a link to a previous sale to convince them? I've never heard of this. I've bought stuff from them before too. Darn.

I've gotten slightly more than 40% off list from them, as have others. It all depends on the headphone, its popularity, and the phase of the moon.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #22,041 of 35,359

Grado sales are as rare as a Jabberwock sighting :ph34r:

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #22,042 of 35,359

Did not know that. What are we talking about, like 10% off? Do you need to send a link to a previous sale to convince them? I've never heard of this. I've bought stuff from them before too. Darn.

There was a major Grado sale two months ago that we covered on this thread--ClassyU through Newegg.  Discounts varied by model but by way of example, the PS 500e could be had then for $450.  Had mine shipped to Reno.

While not common, Grado sales aren't extremely rare either.  In the last few days BuySonic just had a couple models in limited quantities on sale.  Shoreland Music also runs a sale on them from time to time.  Amazon is worth following over time.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #22,043 of 35,359
I've gotten slightly more than 40% off list from them, as have others. It all depends on the headphone, its popularity, and the phase of the moon.

40% on a Grado model?

There was a major Grado sale two months ago that we covered on this thread--ClassyU through Newegg.  Discounts varied by model but by way of example, the PS 500e could be had then for $450.  Had mine shipped to Reno.

While not common, Grado sales aren't extremely rare either.  In the last few days BuySonic just had a couple models in limited quantities on sale.  Shoreland Music also runs a sale on them from time to time.  Amazon is worth following over time.

Yeah. I saw that Newegg deal on slickdeals but wasn't interested then because I was just not aware of the significant "e" version updates. Now I am curious after reading the praise for the improvements on the bottom tier sr60 and sr80, and a the hype around the PS500e. I was away from HeadFi for awhile which explains my unnoticing of the "e"volution.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #22,044 of 35,359
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #22,045 of 35,359
I just saw a deal on amazon ca for a beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 80 Ohms at $8.00, I jumped on it and payed with my credit card. Today I got an email saying it was shipped.

Placed on Saturday, October 15, 2016
beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 80 Ohms-Closed Reference Headphone for Control and Monitoring Applications
Electronics
Sold by FAN XING
Condition: New
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 8.88
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.54
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 14.42
It will be interesting to see if I get the actual item, once I ordered a four gig hard drive from China for $37 and receivedo a child's bracelet.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #22,046 of 35,359
I just saw a deal on amazon ca for a beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 80 Ohms at $8.00, I jumped on it and payed with my credit card. Today I got an email saying it was shipped.

Placed on Saturday, October 15, 2016
beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 80 Ohms-Closed Reference Headphone for Control and Monitoring Applications
Electronics
Sold by FAN XING
Condition: New
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 8.88
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.54
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 14.42
It will be interesting to see if I get the actual item, once I ordered a four gig hard drive from China for $37 and receivedo a child's bracelet.

They ripped you off! the shipping is almost as high as price of the product!

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #22,047 of 35,359
popcorn.gif
The suspense is killing me.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #22,049 of 35,359
Yes, $10 USD for a DT770 pro is a rip off. I think I'll cancel my order.:D

OT, but I recently had the chance to demo a pair of DT770 Pro plugged into a current-mode amp by Questyle... huge HUGE leap up in quality from plugging straight into my iPhone 6S. Song A/B'd went from having bass notes to having bass guitars, if you know what I mean.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #22,050 of 35,359
OT, but I recently had the chance to demo a pair of DT770 Pro plugged into a current-mode amp by Questyle... huge HUGE leap up in quality from plugging straight into my iPhone 6S. Song A/B'd went from having bass notes to having bass guitars, if you know what I mean.

Even the 32 ohm versions of those seem to want a decent amp section to sound right imo... at least none of the DAPs I had at the time could do it without some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back