The discovery thread!
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #41,266 of 103,289
If I’m leaning toward being a basshead do I want the Kansas or the Kansas Pro?

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #41,268 of 103,289
That's good info - thanks. As long as the cable isn't like the mh1c's cable (ie flat, and j-cable), I'd survive.

the MH755? unfortunately for you it's J cabled, but it would be a great combo for your ES100 though

Yes it is. You wear the longer part of a J cable behind your neck. I can't stand the feeling and I never know whether to put the cable under or on top of my hair.

edited to add:

I guess I will find out if I can handle it. Maybe it can be re cabled. Just ordered an orange one for £5 from a UK seller so should have it this weekend. I found out my husband had already ordered one in green a couple of days ago. Same seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202218346275

Does this mean I do not need to buy a Kanas Pro? :) It has been on my wish list.. but for the future because if I do it, it will be my last IEM.

i kinda like the J cables less susceptible from accidental tugging :ksc75smile:

but we could also mod the cables using wire cable ties or something similar to have the cables the same length

IMHO, the Kanas Pro is a great iem, and might be slightly better than the MH755 (and certainly more beautiful and solidly built), but sound wise, the MH755 is not really 100 plus dollars behind in sound quality. in fact the MH755 is easier to wear and also a lot lighter

If I’m leaning toward being a basshead do I want the Kansas or the Kansas Pro?

regular Kanas, no doubt about it

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #41,269 of 103,289
Honestly i own the DZ7, i dont think the sound has changed even after owning it for more than 6 months:/
May i ask what tips you finally settled on with the DZ7?

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #41,270 of 103,289
the MH755? unfortunately for you it's J cabled, but it would be a great combo for your ES100 though
IMHO, the Kanas Pro is a great iem, and might be slightly better than the MH755 (and certainly more beautiful and solidly built), but sound wise, the MH755 is not really 100 plus dollars behind in sound quality. in fact the MH755 is easier to wear and also a lot lighter
Hmmn, I'm considering getting an MH755 (I can get the SB24 which the MH755 as an add on for around 50 USD) to giver my girlfriend. She really liked the sound signature of the Kanas Pro, but she doesn't want me to get her something that expensive. I'm also considering getting one of the cheaper Moondrop models, specifically the Moondrop Crescent, as I've read impressions that seem to recommend those as well. Is there anything else within the same price range (<50 USD) that I can take a look at that has as close to Kanas Pro tuning as possible?

Also, does the newer SBH56 also have the MH755?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #41,271 of 103,289
It's true. I've got Sony Mh750 with blocked the air flow (less bass mod, adds some clarity also) and I'm think that only difference is that Moondrop Kanas have better refined sound. In terms like separation, details soundstage they are quite similar.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #41,272 of 103,289
OK, what the HEdoublehockeysticks is going on with AKG??!

They release 4 new Blutooth products and make a serious push into the bluetooth market but barely use any of the latest codecs looking like they dont have a clue...

But for Godsake I just bought the cheapest model Y100 and damned if it doesn't sound better than any Bluetooth IEM I own including it's big brother the N200! It only supports SBC and AAC but sure as heck doesn't sound like it! I just spent the past 5 hours straight listening to track after track of my music plus a while swack of new music captivated and entranced!

This baby is a real gem and it's on sale right now! I see it on Amazon.com for only $85 and picked it up in Canada for $96. This things seriously kicks butt! I think it may he the best under $100 IEM I have heard in several years. I have paid quadruple its price on BT IEMs that I think it slays in regards to audio quality.

It balanced but has excellent bass when called, wonderful AKG mids, and treble, and an amazing 3D sound stage and imaging.

It only has one drawback, poor isolation. So its not going be great in transit ( guess I will be using the N700NC on the train and bus :wink: ).

Seriously this is going to be review next before I delve into all of the ANC headphones I have because it deserves the attention.

Please one of you US people snatch up a pair from Amazon.com so you can return it if you find me to be crazy. I really would like to know what someone else thinks because I have not heard something that has captivated me like this in a couple of years.

I actually was a bit disappointed initially because I tried it out at the mall where I bought it and the mall noise was strong enough to drown out the IEM enough I thought I had made a mistake. But in the car on the way home my opinion started to sway and by the time I got home and could listen in relative quiet I was entranced...

20190116_215317.jpg

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #41,273 of 103,289
I don't use BT or wireless tech, but my son does, and he let me listen to his JBL's and those things sounded pretty good. Almost great. I was impressed with the JBL BT iem's.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #41,274 of 103,289
Been thinking i'd like to try the Kanas Pro and the Cowon Plenue J or the Astell & Kern Super Jr DAP after I receive my Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee cans.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #41,275 of 103,289
Hmmn, I'm considering getting an MH755 (I can get the SB24 which the MH755 as an add on for around 50 USD) to giver my girlfriend. She really liked the sound signature of the Kanas Pro, but she doesn't want me to get her something that expensive. I'm also considering getting one of the cheaper Moondrop models, specifically the Moondrop Crescent, as I've read impressions that seem to recommend those as well. Is there anything else within the same price range (<50 USD) that I can take a look at that has as close to Kanas Pro tuning as possible?

It's true. I've got Sony Mh750 with blocked the air flow (less bass mod, adds some clarity also) and I'm think that only difference is that Moondrop Kanas have better refined sound. In terms like separation, details soundstage they are quite similar.

agreed with what requal said. the Kanas has a bit more forward mids, so it might contribute to a bit more detail retrieval, but bass and treble is about similar.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #41,276 of 103,289

You could go for the Aria in stretched 60$ area.
But, having both, I consider Crescent as the best bang for your bucks.

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #41,277 of 103,289
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #41,278 of 103,289
agreed with what requal said. the Kanas has a bit more forward mids, so it might contribute to a bit more detail retrieval, but bass and treble is about similar.
That's actually perfect! She said the Kanas were perfect but for one thing, and that the vocals were a little bit too forward (which I assume is because she is used to V Shaped sound signature).

You could go for the Aria in stretched 60$ area.
But, having both, I consider Crescent as the best bang for your bucks.
Honestly, I'd prefer the Aria again but it's not available in our local version of ebay (which I prefer since it allows cash on delivery, returns are managed by the service). :frowning2: I'll try to get my hands on the MH755 first as it's cheaper and I can attempt to DIY it to have a removable cable. If I get poor qa on that thing, I'll go for the Crescent (or the Aria if it turns out to be available by then) :)

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #41,279 of 103,289
That's actually perfect! She said the Kanas were perfect but for one thing, and that the vocals were a little bit too forward (which I assume is because she is used to V Shaped sound signature).

Honestly, I'd prefer the Aria again but it's not available in our local version of ebay (which I prefer since it allows cash on delivery, returns are managed by the service). :frowning2: I'll try to get my hands on the MH755 first as it's cheaper and I can attempt to DIY it to have a removable cable. If I get poor qa on that thing, I'll go for the Crescent (or the Aria if it turns out to be available by then) :)

haven't tried the Aria, but i have tried the first version of crescent, and to me the MH755 sound is more polished

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #41,280 of 103,289
May i ask what tips you finally settled on with the DZ7?
oh I modified the stock tips, I realised the stock tips were fine but lacked seal, losing bass (Dz7 if enough seal has just the right bass for me i feel) so DIY-ed my own sym-bio tips. Took abit of time to find the perfect combination on tips sizing, but i felt it was really worth it because now i dont find the bass lacking, with good mid centric sound and slightly bright signature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back