The End-Game Solid State Amplifier Master List
May 28, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #31 of 184
The Phantom is an unknown quantity and shouldn't be in this list until that changes.

Where is the Flux Volot?

May 28, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #32 of 184
Including the not yet released iFi Phantom seems premature.
Agreed. TOTL is agreed by concensus. It has no place in this list for the moment.

May 28, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #33 of 184
Heard the Cen.Grand Silver Fox at Munich High End. It outputs 20W into 30 ohm and drove the current hungry Stealth beautifully. The emotional impact of this amp is adorable. Something the Bliss could not do. I will probably get a Silver Fox and might even sell the Riviera - trading refinement for emotion. The Zähl is not for me, heard it right after. I’m neither mastering albums nor am I interested in dissecting music.
The hype around Cen. Grand is crazy. Really not sure if it's genuine. The brand seems to have come from nowhere.

May 28, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #35 of 184
The company exists since 2011. Trust your ears, hype is irrelevant.
I have never heard of them until weeks ago. I do trust my ears though.

May 28, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #39 of 184
I’m not sure if you want to include the Riviera AIC-10. The pre section is tube-based and the power section is solid state. I own one and it is a refined piece. Power is adequate at 10 watts into 8 ohm and it makes the current-hungry Stealth sing.

May 28, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #40 of 184
I’m not sure if you want to include the Riviera AIC-10. The pre section is tube-based and the power section is solid state. I own one and it is a refined piece. Power is adequate at 10 watts into 8 ohm and it makes the current-hungry Stealth sing.
I'll add it and see if anyone objects. Would be interested in hearing the debate on the other amps, too. Thanks for the recommendation :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back