The Etymotic HF5 - It's New, It's Etymotic, But Is It Good? [Work-In-Progress Review]
Feb 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once you get it working please let us know how the mic on the HF2 works... please. Been eyeing one myself.

Same here.
etysmile.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 54
Okay I know I said I'd comment when I got the adapter for my current phone all wired up, but for some reason I'm having some incompatibility in software I guess. The reason I say its software is because I can use the microphone and everything sounds absolutely clear in voice memos and voice dialing and everything like that is recognized perfectly.

When I make phone calls though, for some reason there's a really bad echo of my voice in the speaker. I thought maybe that it was only on my end, maybe the phone was playing my voice over the speaker so I know how loud I'm talking, but I was told on the other end it sounded like I was talking in a cave.

I really don't think this has anything to do with the Etymotics, probably just either an issue with the adapter I made or just that they're not as compatible with my current phone as I hoped, because like I said, voice memos recorded over them sound very clear.

Unfortunately, until I upgrade my phone (which will probably be the Pre when that's released), I won't really be able to comment on the mic quality more than that apparently.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #33 of 54
I'm thinking of buying some Etymotics. Might be a silly question, but are these as fast/detailed as the ER4/ER6i? I mean, I'm buying Etys to get the most/fastest detail possible.

Just to make sure - are the included baby blue tri-flanges the small ones? I have the small baby blue Ety earplugs and they fit me perfect.

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #34 of 54
The drivers should be the same as used in ER4 but are not matched to the low tolerances that the ER4 are and they are not hand assembled in US. To me they sound reasonably close to an ER4-P but not quit there in top sparkle.

As to the baby blues I can't say as they were not included with my HF2

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #35 of 54
All I can find is that it comes with "assorted tips", hopefully one of those are small sized. If not I can always get the tips from my PL-30's on there.

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #37 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do come with small baby blue tips. Perfect fit.

I can't believe the sound of these. BEAUTIFUL.

Glad to hear that, may have to bite soon.
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning on ordering today, but it's already back to $149
frown.gif

on amazon? cant be you need a code to put in at checkout and u get $50 off. "ETYHF55O"
you have until the 31st of march!

edit: ohhh lol im such a fool this is from last year hahha

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on amazon? cant be you need a code to put in at checkout and u get $50 off. "ETYHF55O"
you have until the 31st of march!

edit: ohhh lol im such a fool this is from last year hahha

Haha, yes it is.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, yes it is.
wink.gif

woah, i didn't even see how giant of a bump i made. but no there is another code that works in a different thread.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah, i didn't even see how giant of a bump i made. but no there is another code that works in a different thread.

i wish the code would work for the turbines lol

May 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #43 of 54
May 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #44 of 54
Thanks! I am now an addict and you are now officially an enabler
tongue.gif

4 sets of IEMs in 1 week.... someone needs to tell me to slow down! there's no way I will ever listen to 4 sets - Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back