The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,051 of 1,083
Hello

ı buy a fiio e10k on amazon.

ı have a some problems

ı play usually pubg and other fps games and my problems gun shot very-very too loud. how to ı fix ?
and

ı cant see any Enhancements tab and Loudness equalization tabs ? it my fiio e10k broken ?.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #1,052 of 1,083
Hello

ı buy a fiio e10k on amazon.

ı have a some problems

ı play usually pubg and other fps games and my problems gun shot very-very too loud. how to ı fix ?
and

ı cant see any Enhancements tab and Loudness equalization tabs ? it my fiio e10k broken ?

Dear friend,

Are you using the headphone output port?
You could adjust the volume using the volume button of the E10K.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,054 of 1,083
yes ı using headphone port

yes ı know volume button :)

and why ı cant see any Enhancements tab or Loudness equalization in fiio e10k?
Dear friend,

Those have not been added for the E10K. You may use the EQ in the software like foobar in your computer for help?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,055 of 1,083
I own a FiiO E10K OLYMPUS-2 and may be able to offer some guidance.
The FiiO E10K Amp & DAC is very simplistic in nature. I'm assuming you have read through the short guide and downloaded the updated firmware - available on FiiO Support webpage (You will need to have an account and product registered to receive update).
With that all said, you may want to try the following options below to improve sound (Keep in mind the FiiO E10K Does not have EQ Software - You need 3rd party software):
1. Check out specs on your headset and determine if you need to turn the Gain Switch ON or OFF. Check your headset Impedance Rating and Wattage. You may want to consider turning Gain Switch ON if your headset has a high Impedance Rating
2. Obviously, the issue you are having is being caused some frequencies being out of sync
3. Recommend 3rd Party Equalizers:
▪️FooBar2000
▪️APO EQ
▪️J.River Media Player (Not Free, but well worth it)
*There are other you can Research and Review on this website or other forums

◾SUMMARY
If I were in your position, I would recommend you review the Device Guide, Headphone Specs and visit the FiiO Support webpage (Even though, I don't think you will find a golden answer on support page, you may gain some insight?). If needed, uninstall and reinstall FiiO software, then install EQ software and adjust frequencies accordingly.

P. S. The FooBar2000 EQ is one of the best programs out, in terms of free EQ Software. However, it can be complex to setting it up because it has a vast number of options, plug-ins, tools, etc. So you will need to do your homework.
The other option is the APO EQ, which highly regarded by many audiophiles and somewhat more simplistic in terms of setting up your FiiO and an EQ. Basically, Plug & Play.
If you decide to go with APO EQ option, goto sourceforge.net website and make sure to follow download instructions carefully. The APO EQ involves the download of two (2) programs

IF you have any other questions, please feel free to post

Bobby
PECROBET

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,058 of 1,083
Hi, I've been using the E10K for at least one year, it's a great amp/dac combo, I'm using it with a pair of HD558 (foam moded, bass off, low gain) and some Logitech 2.1 speakers, the audio control panel settings are 24 bit, 48 khz, 100% volume in windows (10 v1803).
In the past few months I've been experimenting with the "asio driver", I've extracted the files and installed only the fiio10.sys driver using device manager, no other files added to the system.
With the driver installed, the sound is a little bit "sharper", the bass is more "deep" and the overall sound is better, the difference is not night and day, but I can clearely hear it (you can search online, others had similar experience).

I noticed better sounds in games as well as movies, no asio involved, I'm also using Aimp and MPC-HC, both tested with wasapi and directsound and the same thing, better overall sound. The problem is that after a while, about 30-40 min of continuous playback, I can hear crackling sounds, in mpc-hc, it does it for a few seconds and then back to normal, for aimp I have to restart it, than everything is ok for another 30 min or so.

The question is, why does it sound better with the driver, is there any alternative driver for the e10k or at least something that I can do to fix the crackling issue? I think there is a buffer problem or something because a few windows updates ago, instead some dropped frames in mpc-hc, I was getting a bsod instead (dxgmms2.sys), and while using youtube and start playing with the timebar, I was getting high volume static, same in Aimp. Apparently some of the windows updates fixed something. Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #1,059 of 1,083
TO HWTEST,
To save you some time - IF you have done a firmware update within the last 12 or 18 months, your program is up to date.

◾HOWEVER, IF you are set on knowing which software version you are running, the easiest way is to right click the "FiiO" Desktop icon, select Properties, then select the Software Tab. *Currently, I'm not in front of my PC and can't say with certainly that the Tab Name is correct - But one of the six tabs will have two columns showing brief summary of information

Like I stated earlier in my post, I would focus on downloading some type of EQ software program from a third-party. Then make adjustments two frequency bands accordingly.

IF you run into any other problems, I may have a couple more solutions. When it comes to PC Audio, there are numerous factors in play. So you sometimes need to go through a tedious process to fix the problem.

Again, I hope I've pointed you in the right direction. Please let me know if you continue having problems.
BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND!

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #1,060 of 1,083
TO SIDI0US

Obviously, without knowing all the in & outs of your system, it's hard to know exactly what your problem could be?

It's somewhat odd that your sound works fine for short periods of time, then begins to malfunction. My best guess is your processor is taking on to many operations at one time, in turn weakening the audio signal.
▪️I would strongly recommend Optimizing your O/S. Turn off any apps/programs/features running in the background. Video games have a tendency of using up the processor speed.

Also, I would double check your audio connections. Make sure your connections & connectors are clean and plugged in adequately.

Lastly, you want to make sure your signal path isn't disrupted by to many devices or adapters between the PC and Headphones.
-FYI- In order to obtain the best audio signal, you want to make sure your signal travels the shortest leagnth possible.
The more filters, ports, adapters, etc the audio signal travels through, the harder it must work

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #1,061 of 1,083
I've never done a firmware update, I didn't even know there is a firmware in the E10K.
Are sure it's firmware and not drivers?

I have a similar problem with it as sidi0us has.
After some time of continuous playback I get distortion, which gets worse if I let it play further.
The only working solution I've found is to switch it off and on again.
I can rule out the computer because I've tried it on two laptops and one PC (Windows 7, Windows 10) and the problem is on all of them.

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #1,062 of 1,083
To Pecrobet

The problem is not my system, is the driver, if I remove it and use the standard one included in windows 10, everything is fine, but the quality is a little bit worse (I've already explained that in my previous post).
The question is WHY does the driver changes the sound and makes it better? I know some dac manufacturers use custom usb drivers for their products to go past 96khz, but why does the e10k benefits from it?

For reference, my system has a i5 8400 paired with a gtx 980, every driver is updated and working in MSI mode, the only program that runs in the background is eset 12, also I have no dpc latency issues either.

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,063 of 1,083
BOTH YOU GUYS ARE SOME TOUGH CUSTOMERS... LOL

I'm just joking. I love challenges!

Now that I'm addressing both HW & SID, because both of you seem to be having similar problems problems. But before I do that, I would like to run some testing on my E10K. I have not run into any issues with my FiiO, but I use it on my portable devices. I have other Amps/DACs for PC's.

The crackling noise and PC Restart are key factors to the problem. If we take the PC out of the equation, the amp is left. Once an Amp/DAC is connected to a PC, the soundcard is bypassed - So sound plays directly through Amp/DAC. Without, running a few tests I'm not going to jump to conclusions. BUT, I'm starting to think the Amp is over heating. I say this because Amps aren't complex machines. It's mostly resistors and compacitators.

I will run some tests and post a reply tomorrow or Friday.

In the mean mean time, if either of you have another Amp/DAC combo (doesn't matter if its cheaper or better), play your games on that device for an hour or so and see if you run into any problems.

One last thing, do either of you run into the same problem (crackle noise) when listening to music for an hour? If so, please let me know.

We'll get to the bottom this problem.

Talk to you soon!

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,064 of 1,083
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm subscribed to this thread and will do my best to address any questions to myself personally in a timely manner. Sometimes it may take a day or two for me to reply because I'm very busy right now. But I will answer any/all questions directed to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back