The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #16,786 of 17,484
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #16,787 of 17,484
  Once I had an update seem to hang. Like Hogweed mentioned the updates run and then kinda blanks out (still running but doesn't show any numbers). I just left it and it eventually finished. I only have about 4500 tracks on my 128gb card so it's possible 20k+ could take a while (or possibly beyond the db limit - anybody remember what it is supposed to be now)

oops, nevermind the 20k part. Just re-read and seen you only got 4k. Check your tags too. Sometimes non-standard tags can cause updating probs.

i wonder how much would it take for 10K flac (classical music) with this one i got yesterday

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #16,788 of 17,484
I think I fixed the problem... Somehow the filesystem got corrupted. It was rather weird as all files were ok and the only changes made to the card was the firmware update... Anyway, I reformatted the card and copied my music to it again. Now everything works.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #16,789 of 17,484

i wonder how much would it take for 10K flac (classical music) with this one i got yesterday

Barring any tagging wierdness, it really should only be ~5 minutes or so. I've never actually timed mine, but I doubt it's any longer than a couple of minutes even with the hangish activity I mentioned earlier.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #16,791 of 17,484
Nice -- I came in here to ask if anyone has one of these yet and there it is! Since I'm running two cards right now I'm very tempted, even though it costs almost as much as the player.

wait for for Balck friday thanksgiving Deals
biggrin.gif
 i got in the past pretty good deals indeed

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #16,793 of 17,484

wait for for Balck friday thanksgiving Deals
biggrin.gif
 i got in the past pretty good deals indeed

Ah, good point, I forgot (how un-American of me). I will exercise restraint until then. Thanks for the reminder.
darthsmile.gif

herein mexio we have a clone of  called Buen fin literally Geat weekend ... fin is end it self but we also use it as abreviation of fin de semana week end

I am also un-american :p, only ik them when things in mexico ar iether a)very hard o obain or b)insanely expensive or when there is no other way (hen i flew to germany had to pass thru the USA, seems Luthansa quit her partnership with AeroMexico)

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #16,794 of 17,484
didn't updated my player yet ... not in rush ... i want first to get accustomed to the line out of the X3 to my new RSA predator ... it sounds clearer and bigger than any thing i heard before  ... the x3 through the line out to a quality amp is a different beast !

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #16,796 of 17,484
didn't updated my player yet ... not in rush ... i want first to get accustomed to the line out of the X3 to my new RSA predator ... it sounds clearer and bigger than any thing i heard before  ... the x3 through the line out to a quality amp is a different beast !

Another big X3 LO fan here. I haven't noticed a sound difference in LO with fw3.4 but I'm not a daily listener, nor perhaps as picky or golden eared as some. All I can say is I loved it before and love it now. My amp is the JDSL C5, and with my HD600's I can't imagine things getting much better.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #16,797 of 17,484
I have noticed a strange behaviour with the latest firmware. When playing a FLAC file (whole album in one file) with cue sheet, gapless set on, there are gaps between the tracks, when switching gapless off, there are still gaps but shorter.
I thought there are no gaps, when playing back a FLAC with cue sheet?
I understand, that there could be problems with gapless on separate tracks but this ...

PS: The files play perfectly on a PC (using Foobar).

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #16,798 of 17,484
TBH, I've always found gapless on the X series not to be proper gapless. iPods play gapless fine but it seems that there isn't really a fix for the Fiios.

The only real answer is to rip albums into one long file really. Not great though. I keep two versions. One with tracks split and one long file!!

Not much help if you buy an album though and download it as separate tracks.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #16,799 of 17,484
I still do struggle to understand what this issue people people have with gapless on the X3 is. I have recorded a lot of music with the computer program Audacity and when I split the almum in to tracks (320kbps Mp3s) as I always do, there simply are only gaps if the tracks have gaps between them anyway. If 2 tracks join together, there isn't a gap. Just every now and then , there is a really quiet pop sound when it joins onto the next track. However, there is no gap at all. It is even better with my 24 bit flac album. That has a lot of tracks that join together and where the tracks that do join are, there isn't even a quiet popping sound. It joins flawlessly. It is the same case with all of my live music from a CD as 16bit flacs. I am used to rockbox as I used to have the iAudio X5L and gapless worked fine on that and I can't say the X3 is any worse.

Maybe it is just certain formats this issue happens on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back