The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #16,847 of 17,484
  how is the x3 for base compared to a good laptop, the Fiio A3 dac and the Sony a15 ? That sony is too weak in the base area for me. Using with mdr-1a.

Speak after me: BASS not base!

The X3 has more power to drive the 1a's bass more authoritative. Plus the warmer overall signature - so you should be happier with the X3.

cheers,
K

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #16,848 of 17,484
A bass is also a very good fish to catch, both in the sea and rivers!! Although they're different types of bass as well. Thank goodness there's not a base fish.

I read a guy somewhere else who felt that treble was tremble.......... (Maybe it sends shivers up his spine from the bass to the tope :wink: )

Another fish.

Some people just flounder around for the right words. There's a plaice for descriptions somewhere on here. I'm sure eel be alright then.

Something fishy going on here.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #16,849 of 17,484
A bass is also a very good fish to catch, both in the sea and rivers!! Although they're different types of bass as well. Thank goodness there's not a base fish.

I read a guy somewhere else who felt that treble was tremble.......... (Maybe it sends shivers up his spine from the bass to the tope
wink.gif
)

Another fish.

Some people just flounder around for the right words. There's a plaice for descriptions somewhere on here. I'm sure eel be alright then.

Something fishy going on here.

I ran out of rep to give but have my +1 sir.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #16,853 of 17,484
So I'm getting a bit closer to sorting the m4a genre weirdness. All the music I ripped/converted to aac/alac with dbpoweramp (or use mp3tag) shows up incorrectly on the x3 (I'm sure you remember me ranting bout this and wish I'd just shut up already). According to the id3 genre list, the genre is off by one (jazz shows as metal - see here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.id3-get-genre-list.php). The weird thing is that if I take those files and rewrite the genre tag using Musicbee, the x3 will read them properly.

I have no expectation that Fiio will do anything bout this anymore, but if anyone else has some insight…

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #16,854 of 17,484
Hello All,

I own a Fiio X3, first generation, and I enjoy the sound it produces, but the whole cover art / track title thing is confusing me.

Cover Art Issue: I listen to songs in WAV, AIF, FLAC and DSD formats, and sometimes the albums and their respective covers match, and other times they don't. For example, when I look through my list of songs currently on my X3, three albums have the same cover–Cat Steven's "Tea for the Tillerman." Is there any way to fix this?

Track Titles: Several of my albums are from Blue Coast Records, and this company tends to use its name in each title. For example, I have "Blue Coast Special Event 02", Blue Coast Special Event 19", and so on. So, an individual album might look like this on the X3 display: "Blue Coast Special Event 21." The problem is that I don't know which number album corresponds with which artist, so is there a way for me to shorten the title of an album or song like this: "BCE19 – Keith Greeninger?"

Please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere on this thread. I tried to read through as many pages as I could!

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #16,855 of 17,484
Just installed the latest/final firmware update and noticed one feature was support for multichannel playback.  I've searched this forum for info but could only find my original post/question from several months back post #14959 where I was essentially told "no".  
But with the latest firmware info, perhaps it now can?

Does anyone have any info on this and if it can play multichannel, which format does it play?  

Thanks!! 

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #16,857 of 17,484
I have a question for all of you with an X3.
I have been enjoying my X1 for the past couple of years. It worked just fine with my AT M50 headphones. But I recently splurged and bought a set of HiFiMan HE-400S. The X1 seems to drive them OK. I usually never have to go past 70 on the volume. But now that I have a nice pair of headphones I'm curious about the X3 (or even X5 for that matter).

In your opinion is it worth it to upgrade to the X3? 

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #16,859 of 17,484
I have been enjoying my X1 for the past couple of years. It worked just fine with my AT M50 headphones. But I recently splurged and bought a set of HiFiMan HE-400S. The X1 seems to drive them OK. I usually never have to go past 70 on the volume. But now that I have a nice pair of headphones I'm curious about the X3 (or even X5 for that matter).

I have the he 400i and use it with my desktop schiit asguard 2, but I will often walk about the house with it connected to my X3 or X3II. I find it to work really well, especially with the original fiio X3 which i believe has a bit more powerful amp. I have not tried it with the fiio X1

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #16,860 of 17,484

I would agree with the amp suggestion, as the line out from the X1 should be able to give out a clean signal to the amp. Purchasing the X3 would require you to anyway spend on an amplifier later on. If you do have the budget, try out some high end portable amps if you can.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back