The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 17, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #16,924 of 17,484
My CBR focusness is simply based on the fact when dbpoweramp first switched to FDK they didn't recommend using variable. The latest version of the FDK codec is all and good, but I like my sad little rut
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #16,927 of 17,484
Yes, but it flexes up to 320kbps as needed. Do you typically use Constrained VBR AAC Mr Trev? You know, the format Apple calls iTunes Plus. Pretty sure it results in higher bitrate because it flexes upwards from 256kbps but not downwards. So you're not taking as much advantage of VBR savings during very simple passages with that setting.

X3... X3... X3...

See, we're on topic :wink_face:

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #16,929 of 17,484
Yes, but it flexes up to 320kbps as needed. Do you typically use Constrained VBR AAC @Mr Trev? You know, the format Apple calls iTunes Plus. Pretty sure it results in higher bitrate because it flexes upwards from 256kbps but not downwards. So you're not taking as much advantage of VBR savings during very simple passages with that setting.

X3... X3... X3...

See, we're on topic
wink_face.gif

I think it'd be constrained (the other options dbpoweramp has are he & lc, which are for loooow bitrates). Its just the slider maxes out at 224 - whereas cbr will go to 11
wink_face.gif
. I remember when I was young and naive and using mp3, v0 would avg. greater than 256k. Wasn't sure if aac is really that much more efficient, or needlessly low.

I like x3

FiiO responded to my query on the support email.  I'm a little surprised, as I thought they were on Chinese New Year holidays, so that's customer service.  They said they are not sure if 200Gb cards work, but they linked me to a thread in their own forums that discusses it.
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40927&extra=page%3D1

I believe China went back to work on Monday

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #16,930 of 17,484
I have a SanDisk 128GB micro SD ULTRA Class 10 UHS-I 30MB/s

and filled it for 110GB with roughly 10.000 songs.
With the older firmware it started to get really sluggish when selecting 'all songs' and browsing through it.

Now with the newer firmware and the 8.000 song indexing limit gone, it responds fairly smoothly actually.
Still, I sometimes have to wait 1-2 seconds or so (especially when going back 'up' in my selection / folders)

I'm curious what 200gb will do.

I do have my folders categorized into Artist -> album. Maybe if you put all songs into 1 folder it won't cope with it that easily

Grtz

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #16,932 of 17,484
Folks, my 64gb card (san disk ultra class 10) isn't scanning media library after I copied some new music from my friend's collection. It stops after scanning around 1450 tracks and gets stuck. Although folders are perfect, and that's the way I have to play my music now. Could this be a track info or properties problem?

What would be the easiest way out? Thanks

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #16,933 of 17,484
Folks, my 64gb card (san disk ultra class 10) isn't scanning media library after I copied some new music from my friend's collection. It stops after scanning around 1450 tracks and gets stuck. Although folders are perfect, and that's the way I have to play my music now. Could this be a track info or properties problem?

Does the circle indicating the media library is updating keep spinning as if it is still scanning or does it actually look like it has stopped/frozen? The X3 does eventually stop showing what track number it is up to but it often is still actually counting up if the circle is still spinning. You just need to wait and eventually it will say a random number of tracks has been undated.

Are your tracks playing properly?

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #16,934 of 17,484
Does the circle indicating the media library is updating keep spinning as if it it still scanning or does it actually look like it has stopped/frozen? The X3 does eventually stop showing what track number it is up to but it often is still actually counting up if the circle is still spinning. You just need to wait and eventually it will say a random number of tracks has been undated.

Are your tracks playing properly?

You certainly seem to know the X3 inside out! Yes, it does exactly what you said, the circle keeps on turning, but the track number stops counting after a point. So how long do you think I would have to wait? And yes, the tracks all seem to play fine without any issues, while playing from folders that is.

Thanks

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #16,935 of 17,484

This happens sometimes due some files not being copied properly. In my case, if the scanning got stuck at the Nth track, simply deleting the Nth file overall across all folders in the memory card after sorting its contents by name solved the issue. You can then copy back the deleted file again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back