The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 10, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #17,056 of 17,484
This set up gived more bass impact than the Mojo. Mids and treble are equal. Seperation is a bit better on the mojo.

aha .. i see ... never listen to mojo ... bot i am happy to see that my player and the predator in the same league .... my current and favorite setup now is Samsung S3 with  neutron app through the usb out to the predator's DAC-amp :) on low gain with SE535 ... it is a perfect compination for me in terms of bass and overall sound ... the predator's dac is not very high end but very musical and enjoying 

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #17,057 of 17,484
aha .. i see ... never listen to mojo ... bot i am happy to see that my player and the predator in the same league .... my current and favorite setup now is Samsung S3 with  neutron app through the usb out to the predator's DAC-amp :) on low gain with SE535 ... it is a perfect compination for me in terms of bass and overall sound ... the predator's dac is not very high end but very musical and enjoying 
I use Neutron aswell but I also like N7 player.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #17,058 of 17,484
edit: oops realised this is for the x3 first gen! 

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #17,059 of 17,484
Hey guys, what's the newest X3 firmware?
My X3 suddenly has problem tonight. Browse by folder, album, artist etc don't show up. Only blank. I've tried resetting the unit, reseating my 128GB card and rescan the file but problem still persists.
The files are fine, can be played, show up under Category -> All songs and shuffle like normal. I just can't listen by album anymore. Has anyone had similar issue?

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #17,061 of 17,484
Yush, it now gets bluescreen. I guess I'll try to reinstall the firmware

Hmm nope, it runs fine without SD card. Is my card broken? That should not be the case since it's detected and can be accessed on PC without problem. Maybe the card slot?
For now it works.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #17,062 of 17,484
Is it possible to buy a battery now? Not available on ali 
confused.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #17,067 of 17,484
Hey all,

Not sure if this is too off-topic, but I was recently able to take a tour of FiiO's factory. Take a look with the link below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812274/fiio-factory-tour-2016

While I don't have pictures of the X3 first gen at their factory (since it is discontinued), I do have some pictures of FiiO's newer DAPs on the assembly floor.

Hopefully somebody finds this interesting!

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #17,068 of 17,484
Strange thing suddenly happening with my X3. I've been using it for at least a year and a half, maybe two years now, running strong!

But now, when I click on "Category," the X3 displays an error message: ! Playback Failed No music found!

It displays the same error message when I click on "Favorites" and when I click on "Now Playing" --> "Play All."

I can only access and play my music by going through the "Browse Files" menu.

There is music on both the internal storage as well as a 128GB sd card. 

When I connect the X3 to my PC, I can access everything no problem.

When the problem occurred, I was running FW 3.34. I just upgraded to 3.4 to see if it would fix the problem, but it did not. 

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I sure hope I can recover my Favorites as I've been building it for quite some time now. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #17,070 of 17,484
Thank you so much for the fast response!

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

By the way...you mentioned "files" plural, however I only found one .db file. It was in the Internal Storage folder. I did not find one in my SD Card folder. Should I have more than one .db file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back