The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 16, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #13,531 of 17,484
As I have previously compared the amp section of X3 with E11 few pages back, my thoughts are still same that X3 amp is more transparent than E11 while e11 amp is more powerful than X3,again YMMV

I find that the E11 with my open backed and extremely airy sounding ATH-AD700s sounds even more transparent through the line out of the X3 compared to the X3's HO.

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #13,532 of 17,484
  I find that the E11 with my open backed and extremely airy sounding ATH-AD700s sounds even more transparent through the line out of the X3 compared to the X3's HO.

Same experience with Grado SR80e, better treble response, and bass drive with 1 (bass gain).
SQ become even better with EQ on (3.22 fw), doesn't matter if it flat or tuned, because it slightly reduce audio volume in LO remain the same current.

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #13,536 of 17,484
Hmm, that's good Atleast your E11 won't be lying around unused, I think I'll spend more time and will report back again.

I don't use it much with the X3 as it takes up quite a lot of space in my pocket. It only is a tiny improvement in sound quality. The main think that I like much more is that is it louder, I have an volume dial instead of buttons and it also improves the X3's battery life. I use my E11 a lot of the time with other devices anyway so it still gets a huge amount of use.

Nov 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #13,537 of 17,484
After updating the firmware and tweaking with the EQ the X3 sounded like a much better pairing with my CT-200, looks like I won't be getting an E12A now.

Are you expecting the E12A to sound like your X3 EQ :rolleyes:
A good amp should not alter any frequencies in your music therefore amp is amp and EQ is EQ. They're both different.

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #13,541 of 17,484
Are you expecting the E12A to sound like your X3 EQ
rolleyes.gif

A good amp should not alter any frequencies in your music therefore amp is amp and EQ is EQ. They're both different.

Agreed that E12A should stomp on X3's Eq!

That is true but all I wanted was a warmer tone when pairing with my CIEM, I know that I'll probably get a better noise floor with the E12A but I'm not willing to spend the money.....yet.
:p
Whether I actually buy the E12A or not depends on how broke I'll be after black friday hehe

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #13,542 of 17,484
Hi guys, I am just sharing my experience, if you do not mind:

I live a period, when the type of music I listen to is changing. With this I also started to use line out instead of headphone out. I preferred headphone out only, because I could add some more bass to the mainly electronic music, psychedelic trance I was listening to. 
Now I listen to more instrumental, live music with vocals. So I do not really need that extra bass. Also line out has much more space, better separation and overall cleanliness and crispiness of the sound. 
Much better, more quality experiencing of music. Headphone out is really good for some extra bass, but with quite a big compromise...
(I am using Schiit Vali and HD600.) 
Also a benefit for my little Vali, it is enough to turn the volume just until 30-40% instead of 65-75% to reach the desired loudness, using the LO on X3. :)

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #13,544 of 17,484
Just wondering if anyone has a fix, I bought my X3 last week and updated it right away. Worked fine for 4 or 5 days, one night I shut it off when I went to turn it back on it just has a white screen. Tried reset, tried updating firmware. When plugged into the computer is shows as if in storage mode. The dealer I bought it from said they will replace it but everytime I call I get the "sorry we have no stock".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back