The Final Audio D8000 Pro Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order at Headphones.com!
Aug 10, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #16 of 109
Can't see where they asked you. But thanks for being so useful for the community...
I've been far more useful to this community than you've ever contributed. Sit down and put your feelings away. Better yet buck up.

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 109
Im sure you did. What about if you keep on contributing instead of posting nonsense?
Thanks.
He gave his opinion, you didn't like it, he responded accordingly, and you are still on it. Let it go. It's an opinionated subject just like art, even those blokes can't let it go if one dare share their opinion on the subject. Freedom of speech goes both ways, getting personal/competitive about who is a more valuable contributor indicates severe sour attitude. Both pessimists & optimists contribute to society, otherwise folks like Meze wouldn't intentionally send their cans to someone like Crinacle despite his notorious dislike for their stuff (esp cans). It's a good thing I have my notifications off, otherwise I'm sure I'll be getting endless pings for your feelings on this particular comment. If you're a blind Abyss lover may wanna come at me, I hate most things about the brand including their approach & that's an opinion I'm happy to let loose into the public, no shortage of hate I'm guaranteed to receive, esp once it's learned I've never heard them, because that's a line most audiophiles draw as a basis of validity. 🦇

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #19 of 109
Im sure you did. What about if you keep on contributing instead of posting nonsense?
Thanks.
He contributed his opinion. I don't see how this is any different from someone who likes them and posts about it...

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #21 of 109
There are MANY collectors headphones out there. Look at all the ZMFs with their special woods. Meze with editions like dark mystery or Chameleon.
Since they are still in production they don't increase in price, but these collector versions Lose less value compared to others

Then there are things like Sennheiser HE90, which surely have a similar collectors Position as the Sony R10
Maybe so, but the R-10's have cult status...
The headphones you mentioned are just great headphones, and in my opinion, and won't increase in value...
We haven't even began to see the huge advances in headphones coming up with new drivers and DSP..

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #22 of 109
The headphones you mentioned are just great headphones, and in my opinion, and won't increase in value...
We haven't even began to see the huge advances in headphones coming up with new drivers and DSP..
The He90 has at least the level of cult Status that the R10s have.

And the others are new collectors items, of course they don't have cult Status (yet)

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #23 of 109
There are MANY collectors headphones out there. Look at all the ZMFs with their special woods. Meze with editions like dark mystery or Chameleon.
Since they are still in production they don't increase in price, but these collector versions Lose less value compared to others

Then there are things like Sennheiser HE90, which surely have a similar collectors Position as the Sony R10
I think the HE90 has been superseded, but was amazing in its day..
Hold on to your seats, you ain't seen nothing yet...

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #25 of 109
I think the HE90 has been superseded, but was amazing in its day..
Hold on to your seats, you ain't seen nothing yet...
Well ofc, by Sennheiser themselves with the He-1, however it still has a legendary Status and can sometimes be found on the used market for more than it initially costed when new.

Personally I'd buy neither the He90 nor the R10

I might buy this Final D8000 Pro limited edition though, not because it's limited, but because I've been interested in the D8kp for a while ...

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #26 of 109
Keep an eye on folded ribbon drives. Lower the weight and cost, and they'll be huge...
I have them in my speakers, to me there is a kind of organic sound; actually addicting...
I'll sit and listen for hours to them...
However, I think HEED's ribbon headphones are something like 800 gr.
If I go canjam So Cal, they'll be the reason..

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 109
Maybe you can find some in munich high end coverage, afaik they have been available for auditions there
I have only found one relatively detailed review but it had to be translated by Google for me to read it and well ...it was not the easiest read. The article did say only two have been produced thus far, one for Final Audio inventory and one for touring. The article compares the limited edition to the D8000 Pro, DCA Stealth, and Solitaire. In case anyone is interested, here is the link.

https://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzja-final-d8000-pro-limited-edition/?caly-artykul=1

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #28 of 109
I have only found one relatively detailed review but it had to be translated by Google for me to read it and well ...it was not the easiest read. The article did say only two have been produced thus far, one for Final Audio inventory and one for touring. The article compares the limited edition to the D8000 Pro, DCA Stealth, and Solitaire. In case anyone is interested, here is the link.

https://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzja-final-d8000-pro-limited-edition/?caly-artykul=1
Quite hard on the Google translator, if I got it correctly the Limited edition sounds a little smoother with a touch more Bass than the regular Pro.

Not gonna lie, This would be perfect for taste.

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #29 of 109
Quite hard on the Google translator, if I got it correctly the Limited edition sounds a little smoother with a touch more Bass than the regular Pro.

Not gonna lie, This would be perfect for taste.
I really like the sound of that!

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #30 of 109
Agree. ZMF models don't hold value, let alone increase value (previously owned a pair of stabilized VC). Also, iirc, ZMF is/ was planning to go the "custom shop" route in the future, however long that might be (not sure if that is still the case). If so, these limited pairs are gonna nuke in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back