The Final Audio D8000 Pro Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order at Headphones.com!
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #77 of 109
Anyone could say how the D8000pro compare to the Elite?
The main differences (what you will immediately hear on a good listening system).
The D8000pro has a tonal balance closer to neutral, better resolution, microdynamics (clearer post-sound, overtone), the speed of transition processes is significantly higher. The bass is more technical, crystal high frequency, more air. Better suited for thoughtful (analytical) listening. For full disclosure, you need a good amplifier. They require a music system (with a little warmth or tube amplification) and do not forgive poor quality recordings.
Elite are richer in timbre and in them better musicality. Numerically more bass. Better suited, for relaxed listening. More comfortable. Doesn't require a lot of amplification. More manufacturers choice when replacing cable.
See here for more details.

Perhaps this will help you.

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #78 of 109
I have both the Elite and the D8000 pro ltd. The D8000 Pro limited edition technically are the higher tier headphone compares to the Elite. The elite suitable for relaxed listening but in-terms of details, resolution, soundstage and speed the D8000Pro are on top of the Elite.

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #79 of 109
I have both the Elite and the D8000 pro ltd. The D8000 Pro limited edition technically are the higher tier headphone compares to the Elite. The elite suitable for relaxed listening but in-terms of details, resolution, soundstage and speed the D8000Pro are on top of the Elite.
I certainly can not confirm this from my own audition

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #80 of 109
BTW has anyone tried Cardas Clear Beyond headphone cable on the D8000Pro ltd? I heard that it’s a significant upgrade and suitable for D8000Pro. Really wanna give this a try.

Attachments

• IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #81 of 109
The main differences (what you will immediately hear on a good listening system).
The D8000pro has a tonal balance closer to neutral, better resolution, microdynamics (clearer post-sound, overtone), the speed of transition processes is significantly higher. The bass is more technical, crystal high frequency, more air. Better suited for thoughtful (analytical) listening. For full disclosure, you need a good amplifier. They require a music system (with a little warmth or tube amplification) and do not forgive poor quality recordings.
Elite are richer in timbre and in them better musicality. Numerically more bass. Better suited, for relaxed listening. More comfortable. Doesn't require a lot of amplification. More manufacturers choice when replacing cable.
See here for more details.

Perhaps this will help you.
Totally agreed. Under a decent amplification system the differences between Elite and the D8000Pro ltd are obvious. I’m currently using Woo Audio WA23 Luna for the D8000Pro ltd and Susvara. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back