The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #6,676 of 6,690
From the overview from Twitter i get the following:

For those who want a sound they can use in the Studio: MH335DW Studio Reference (aka TG335)
Target: Making the MH335DW more balanced.
Sound: Leave the bass as it is and increase the treble performance

Increase the Quality of the original MH335DW with parts that were not available at the time
MH335ht
Target: Re-Develop the MH335ht with new parts and development methods that were not available at the time
Sound: Increase the treble and make the Bass more Linear. its idea for listening to music.

MH335DWEX
Target: Pursue the best sound when there is a lot of information in the music while using a Double Woofer
Sound: Increase the treble and adjust the bass to not let sound left behind. The best tool for the Studio or other Monitoring Situations

So yes, it is getting a bit complicated. It seems like the MH335DW Studio Reference and MH335DWEX are made for the same job but the MH335DWEX is better.

Actually it sounds like the MH335DWEX is the best of all, so i don't really get why the others still exist. The description is very very loose on what they are and how they archive that.

Did you go to HPFes today to try the EX?

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #6,678 of 6,690
From the overview from Twitter i get the following:

For those who want a sound they can use in the Studio: MH335DW Studio Reference (aka TG335)
Target: Making the MH335DW more balanced.
Sound: Leave the bass as it is and increase the treble performance

Increase the Quality of the original MH335DW with parts that were not available at the time
MH335ht
Target: Re-Develop the MH335ht with new parts and development methods that were not available at the time
Sound: Increase the treble and make the Bass more Linear. its idea for listening to music.

MH335DWEX
Target: Pursue the best sound when there is a lot of information in the music while using a Double Woofer
Sound: Increase the treble and adjust the bass to not let sound left behind. The best tool for the Studio or other Monitoring Situations

So yes, it is getting a bit complicated. It seems like the MH335DW Studio Reference and MH335DWEX are made for the same job but the MH335DWEX is better.

Actually it sounds like the MH335DWEX is the best of all, so i don't really get why the others still exist. The description is very very loose on what they are and how they archive that.
Mm wait for a demo unit and see how it sounds. Honestly, I can't swallow the bass of the 335dw and dwsr; both sound too dark for me. The ht is more up my alley.

May 12, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #6,679 of 6,690
I just got the honor to demo the creator dc ti from a fellow headfier recently and just wonder if it's me or the iem sound super dark with non existing treble? Does this iem need desktop power? I am using a P6PRO TI. The sound signature is definitely not my cup of tea. Also why does the dc ti custom cost $2.5k in japan for Japanese residents only and cost $8k for the universal creator dc ti outside of japan. That's a whopping 220% increase. I Don't understand the logic.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #6,680 of 6,690
I just got the honor to demo the creator dc ti from a fellow headfier recently and just wonder if it's me or the iem sound super dark with non existing treble? Does this iem need desktop power? I am using a P6PRO TI. Also why does the dc ti custom cost $3k in japan for Japanese residents only and cost $8k for the universal creator dc ti outside of japan. That's a whopping 170% increase. I Don't understand the logic.
The DC Ti is admittedly one of the most difficult to drive because it uses, inter alia, 2 9mm DD. But even then, I cannot say I have any issues driving it with any of the LP DAPs, including the P6P Ti. It may well be the ear tips or the fit. Because DC Ti and Titan are known for their treble extension.

Well, that is the reason why to buy FitEars you need to show proof of Japanese residency. FitEar customs cost more outside Japan. That is the commercial decision by FitEar.

Now… the Creator is a product devised by the Hong Kong shops. It comes with the Creator cable, which is popular in HK. With this packaging, the HK shops mark up a healthy premium. In any event, they know it will sell because it is a universal and so there is a bigger market for a limited product. And there seems to be a healthy demand for the Creator, even if those of us with access to FitEar customs would never pay that kind of price for the Creator. But the demand is still there, even if at that price point. :)

May 12, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #6,681 of 6,690
DC Ti costs around $2500 in Japan and costs around $4000 abroad. Same goes with other FitEar CIEMs: usually a 50% price increase when purchased abroad due to FitEar’s international pricing policy.

If you don’t mind FitEar UIEMs, buying them in Japan as a foreigner requires no proof of residency and you can even get ~10% tax refund in most stores.

May 12, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #6,682 of 6,690
DC Ti costs around $2500 in Japan and costs around $4000 abroad. Same goes with other FitEar CIEMs: usually a 50% price increase when purchased abroad due to FitEar’s international pricing policy.

If you don’t mind FitEar UIEMs, buying them in Japan as a foreigner requires no proof of residency and you can even get ~10% tax refund in most stores.
But is DC Ti one of the models available as a UIEM, even in JP?

May 12, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #6,683 of 6,690
But is DC Ti one of the models available as a UIEM, even in JP?
Actually, no. You’ll have to settle with whatever FitEar UIEM is available at the stores.

May 12, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #6,684 of 6,690

Wowwww! So i can buy a universal creator dc ti in japan for $2.5k with a 10% refund? So the HK shops devised a plan to add a cable and mark up a healthy 220% premium ($8k). I see the logic now. Must be covid times without covid.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #6,685 of 6,690
Wowwww! So i can buy a universal creator dc ti in japan for $2.5k with a 10% refund? So the HK shops devised a plan to add a cable and mark up a healthy 220% premium ($8k). I see the logic now. Must be covid times without covid.
Sorry I don’t think the universal creator DC Ti is available in Japan, it’s an HK-only release as far as I know. Also you have to factor in the creator cable cost (DC Ti CIEM does not come with a cable by default).

There isn’t a UIEM DC Ti variant in Japan. But when it or its successor appears….

May 12, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #6,686 of 6,690
Except that DC Ti is not available as a universal. :)

Well, the HK shops have their finger on the pulse of international customers who want the DC Ti but do not want to make a pair of customs. And are willing to pay for the price of the Creator. :)

May 12, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #6,687 of 6,690
Except that DC Ti is not available as a universal. :)

Well, the HK shops have their finger on the pulse of international customers who want the DC Ti but do not want to make a pair of customs. And are willing to pay for the price of the Creator. :)
Even if the creator should cost the same or less to make than dc ti and adding a cable and marking up the price by healthy premium 220% is definitely a good devised plan. Especially if the dc ti is only $2 5k to begin with.

May 12, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #6,688 of 6,690

I've been out of the game for quite a few years but has that policy changed? I thought even universal FitEars purchased (new) from Fujiya-Avic required proof of Japan residency?

May 12, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #6,689 of 6,690
I've been out of the game for quite a few years but has that policy changed? I thought even universal FitEars purchased (new) from Fujiya-Avic required proof of Japan residency?
I think it has. I purchased my TG334 at e-earphone in 2022 and got the 10% tax refund deducted from my purchase price. I have read similar reports with the recent FitEar IMarge.

May 12, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #6,690 of 6,690

Normal DC ti doesn't include a cable, so you have to bear some overheads (i.e. cable costs) anyway. It's not the HK shops but ONE HK shop who agreed with Fitear to roll out a combo with an already very expensive cable (i.e. the creator silver thing) AND an universal version of DC ti which you can't find anywhere else. All things adding up it isn't the best deal in the world but somehow makes sense in the pre-covid head-fi sort of sense.

Personally I don't like the cable, I got someone who like it more than the DC itself so we could split the costs. Lived with the DC ti long enough to say that it is definitely something you won't really want in universal form (that thing's heavy, no eartips could offset the weight, ended up getting a semi-custom tip for it but then that altered the sound too much).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back