The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
May 6, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #1,111 of 1,156
Sometimes, some portable devices, the source, does not put out adequate current for the dongle. This can take a while as the source connection heats up and then disconnects. Have you tried the 06 with a computer, which is a much better current source, to check this out? And it depends upon the monitors being used, how hard or easy they are to drive.
I specifically bought it to use with the smartphone, so if it worked with my laptop it would not help. Thanks for the idea though! I'm mainly listening to Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones, not very difficult to drive.

May 6, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #1,112 of 1,156
I specifically bought it to use with the smartphone, so if it worked with my laptop it would not help. Thanks for the idea though! I'm mainly listening to Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones, not very difficult to drive.
I realize that. It is more to weed out the issue, if it is the source causing the issue or something else. I would also try a different USB C cable.

May 6, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,114 of 1,156
iBasso has a y-connector called CB19 for power problems. It connects a powerbank to the Dongle while receiving Data from your smartphone.
There is no point of having dongle then. Connect all these devices- a source, a dongle and a powerbank and try to put it in your pocket and go outside.
If someone uses a dogle on a desktop, connected to all this stuff, im asking WHY on earth would you do that? Just get a good quality desktop setup.
Im really tired of these posts showing a meter long chain with cables and powerbanks, with a little dongle in between. Apart from the fact that it looks stupid :)

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #1,115 of 1,156
There is no point of having dongle then. Connect all these devices- a source, a dongle and a powerbank and try to put it in your pocket and go outside.
If someone uses a dogle on a desktop, connected to all this stuff, im asking WHY on earth would you do that? Just get a good quality desktop setup.
Im really tired of these posts showing a meter long chain with cables and powerbanks, with a little dongle in between. Apart from the fact that it looks stupid :)
Because you already have a dongle that won't work properly with your phone. You need a hack.

May 6, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #1,116 of 1,156
Because you already have a dongle that won't work properly with your phone. You need a hack.
You need a dap for the go then.
For a desktop use, u need a desktop dac/amp.
Fortunately the Elite sounds from my smartphone as good as connected to my pc so im happy but wanted to make this sandwich even smaller, otherwise my dap is more practical.

May 6, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #1,117 of 1,156
You need a dap for the go then.
For a desktop use, u need a desktop dac/amp.
Fortunately the Elite sounds from my smartphone as good as connected to my pc so im happy but wanted to make this sandwich even smaller, otherwise my dap is more practical.
A powerbank is cheaper than a DAP. I need my stupid phone to work with the stupid dongle, that is what I need.

May 6, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,119 of 1,156
What is the entire cost of your chain if i may ask?
I agree, and most all the time can just use my phone but sometimes I want more battery life, due to where I am and it is still more convent to use the phone so a battery, around 20 dollars and the Y cable is around 20 dollars. So, an extra 40 dollars and the battery can be used to just recharge the phone, so it has multiple uses and is convenient. But my preference is dongle and phone. If I have a jacket pocket, then the small battery is no big deal.

May 6, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #1,122 of 1,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back