"The Lab"
Sep 9, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #18,482 of 20,136
  The Rich Text Editor is working again. We're back in 2016 as it seems.

tumblr_nl5zslX6Jy1qkmqj9o1_500.gif

Oh thank goodness.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #18,488 of 20,136
So, anyone who has experience with the B&O amp/dac module for the LG G5?

I just ordered one from HK and will get a G5 if it sounds good but if anyone else has heard it I'm super curious for impressions :wink:

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #18,490 of 20,136

Look what I received yesterday... Waited 1.5 years for this :D

Nice, another one of our brothers out here finally just got a pair as well. He too has had them on his dream list for some time:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enjoy:beers:

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #18,491 of 20,136
1.5 years? Did the postman walk from Germany to you?!
tongue.gif

Anyway, congrats. Imo an extremely nice headphone and I really love mine.

Nice, another one of our brothers out here finally just got a pair as well. He too has had them on his dream list for some time:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enjoy:beers:

2 words: congrats.  5/7!

Thanks! No, the postman didn't walk to me from Germany, but the money did take its time walking to me... 
biggrin.gif

They are as good as I thought they would be. Huge step up from any of my cans. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #18,493 of 20,136
The HD600 is one of those headphones that takes this hobby to the next level. 

The thing I lilke most about my HD600 is how much different they sound depending on what source your plug them into. Still, they are best when jamming them through a quality DAC and high powered tube amplifier. 

Although I sometimes wish I would have got the HD650 instead, there's not a day that goes by that I resent buying the 600. They will have a place in my collection forever. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #18,494 of 20,136
So, anyone who has experience with the B&O amp/dac module for the LG G5?

I just ordered one from HK and will get a G5 if it sounds good but if anyone else has heard it I'm super curious for impressions
wink.gif

Good question Peter. I was wondering the same thing when I bought my V10, because I was torn between it and the G5 with the DAC amp module. I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that although the G5 is the newer phone of the LG lineup, the V10 is the true flagship. I also read that the B&O DAC amp module brought the G5 to to the level of the V10 (not better). That right there made the decision easy for me. 

At this point I'm more curious to see what the V20 is doing in terms of audio to push itself past the V10. Let's not forget about the amazing specs, dolby atmos, and multiple AK DAC chips that are in the ZTE Axon 7. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #18,495 of 20,136
Good question Peter. I was wondering the same thing when I bought my V10, because I was torn between it and the G5 with the DAC amp module. I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that although the G5 is the newer phone of the LG lineup, the V10 is the true flagship. I also read that the B&O DAC amp module brought the G5 to to the level of the V10 (not better). That right there made the decision easy for me. 

At this point I'm more curious to see what the V20 is doing in terms of audio to push itself past the V10. Let's not forget about the amazing specs, dolby atmos, and multiple AK DAC chips that are in the ZTE Axon 7. 

Yeah, I've had the G3 for about a year now and love it as a phone but in all honesty I find it to be a step down from my earlier Sony Z3Compact in sq. I really can't see myself getting a bigger phone than the G3 at this point so G5 is more interesting to me than V10 from this point of view. The V20 won't be available here for at least 6 months if it follows the steps of the V10 so too long to wait. AFAIK the V20 will also use the same dac/amp chips as the Hifi Plus module (which makes sense).

I managed to get a good deal for the module and it works as external dac to any phone and since I love dac/amps I couldn't resist ordering one to heat it for myself. Pretty neat actually, if I don't like it I'm only out $80 and will get back to check out the V10 again :wink: Better than shelling out $500 (the local price for G5 here) and be disappointed........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back