The New Chord Quartet MScaler Discussion Thread
May 16, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #107 of 200
IMG-20240510-WA0017_.jpg

May 16, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #111 of 200
I bought an MScaler as soon as it was launched, but while I can likely afford the new one it will be a 100% not buy for me. This time I will wait before I buy. If there is any hint of cable woo-woo, ferrites, RF voodoo or any other problems that should’ve been sorted before launch then my money stays in my pocket.
Hmm, so did I, ie. I bought an Mscaler to go with my Qutest also as soon as it was launched and although even with the supplied bnc cables there was an easily audible improvement in SQ over Qutest on its own, I also went through the VERY expensive but even more audible improvement of adding ferrited BNC cables Storm and Stream.
Both very expensive but good enough to make the final cost equal to paying for Qutest two times worth it for me.
I posted my take on the upcoming Quartet scaler over at the Qutest thread a couple of days ago.
My money is also most likely to say in my pocket .
But in quite strong defence of Rob's mscaling tech as such ,as recently as yesterday I audioned a pair of electrostatic speakers that could/should potentially beat my pair having both bigger E- panels and 12" bass over the 10" in mine. But although I played some of my reference material where I have been at the recording sessions, I have to say that the some 6k € CD player from Gryphon used did not stand a chance against mscaled CD in a similarly mid- sized room as mine .
It exposed all the flaws I hear with non mscaled cd hard,sterile and at loud levels almost painful to hear compared to how I am used to hear things in both my system and know how it sounded live. Whether the Request ML speakers are better than mine would have to be decided under better conditions than cd only. And ideally in my room and system. Until then my money stays firmly in my pocket. I am as the saying goes quite a "happy camper" as things stand. But I will definitely audition the Quartet Scaler when an opportunity to do so comes. My mscaling experience made me this former Atheist a firm Believer. But i agree with you," RF voodoo "should have been fixed in the first place.
And I can't help suspecting that all the psu discussions here made Rob think twice about power supplies before launching Quartet Scaler.

Cheers CC

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #112 of 200

May 16, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #113 of 200
My wallet!!! I'm glad they focused on mitigating RF noise this time around. I honestly don't want to mess with work arounds.

May 16, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #114 of 200
Would be great if the Quartet's external power supply could also supply to the Chord DAVE like the Sean Jacobs ARC6-DC4 does !
Probably saving it for Dave II

May 16, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #115 of 200
Wonder how much these 2 are going to cost? Well, I have something to look forward to. :)

May 16, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #117 of 200
Wonder how much these 2 are going to cost? Well, I have something to look forward to. :)
Above new Dave's price as said.

May 16, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #119 of 200
Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #120 of 200
This forum deserves a better class of audiophiles! It’s not about money. It’s about sending a meSsAGe!
(I’m assuming everyone knows this Joker quote)😄
The message is we are getting grifted. hehe ... damn, well hope my investments pan out ... chord taking my money by ransom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back