The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #4,293 of 6,861
Can you explain the relative filepath in more detail please? How do I set this?

In most music management programs (and if you have a lot of music, a program will make your life so much easier than just trying to organize your hard drive manually), there are options for relative file path. In MusicBee and MediaMonkey, they are under the playlist sync options. I've found that almost every portable media player I've ever used works well with relative file paths (other than MTP devices that don't need such tweaking).

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4,294 of 6,861
Mines arrived today. Does anybody else notice the inside shakes a little?

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #4,295 of 6,861
Also, how do I install tidal?

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #4,297 of 6,861
Nice summary!
Actually I bought the Mojo

Nice summary!
I bought the Mojo to combine with the R3 for all the reasons you have mentioned, plus one more: the HiBy Remote control App!
I am using the Cayin N3, and it's pretty nice to have the DAP in the jacket pocket, and control it with the mobile phone.

I am thinking about how to stack the 2 though, as I want to design a 3D printed enclosure.
It's a bit challenging to consider design, cooling, access to all the controls and package size.
My preferred form factor would be side by side, with the R3 lifted to create a flush surface with the Mojo, but that would block access to the side controls of the R3 facing the Mojo...
Anyway - need to get it all in hands and start playing with configurations.
Can't wait!

Came across this today: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/chord-mojo-hiby-r3-case

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #4,298 of 6,861
I would not switch it on and contact Hiby. Nothing inside should be loose.
I've contacted advance MP3 uk as thats were I bought it from.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,299 of 6,861
This is probably going back but how do you get to android or get to tidal on it?

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #4,301 of 6,861
I can feel something physicaly shaking inside the device.

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #4,302 of 6,861
I'm going to send it back. Seems like really poor build quality. Back to the drawing board for a tidal streaming dap that's small to transport my chord mojo.

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4,303 of 6,861
Good luck! I tried to return it and they said - "if you do, you pay shipping and 5% restocking fee. we dont recommend you return it." But, if it makes you feel better, Tidal doesn't actually work anyway. Best you can do is view your collection. But you cant play any files (as is I'm sure mentioned all over the thread, so probably not news to you).

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #4,304 of 6,861
Good luck! I tried to return it and they said - "if you do, you pay shipping and 5% restocking fee. we dont recommend you return it." But, if it makes you feel better, Tidal doesn't actually work anyway. Best you can do is view your collection. But you cant play any files (as is I'm sure mentioned all over the thread, so probably not news to you).

Oh, also, when I bought the R3 I was comparing it to this, which as far as I can tell, has a Tidal client:

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #4,305 of 6,861
I should be able too as I bought it from a british company. I'm very disappointed with it though. I'll stick to my ibasso and shanling from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back