The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #61 of 344
The graph means nothing unless you have something to reference it against. Hopefully we can get both subjective and objective data against some other popular IEMs out there - then we'll have a reference for discussion.

Exactly!

if only I had a way to record my own measurements.

To be clear, it does not sound rolled off at all.

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #64 of 344
The graph means nothing unless you have something to reference it against. Hopefully we can get both subjective and objective data against some other popular IEMs out there - then we'll have a reference for discussion.

Yeah, I think I was overly harsh. I've looked at other graphs from Cricale's thread, and many good iems seem to exhibit that behaviour at the high frequencies. So what is unaxceptlable for speakers, might be ok for iems, especially below 800-1000$.

This is crinacle's measurement of the sure SE535: http://i.imgur.com/oV38biM.png
And this of the SE846: http://i.imgur.com/Tt1WYG3.png

In any case, I would love @Kinera to send a pair to @crinacle :ksc75smile:. If these iems are really good, they won't fear comparison, but it will only show how good they are. This way we can reference the measurement, since it's done in the same way for all the iems in his thread.

Edit: I find the black color quite nice. Although somewhat boring, it has its elegance. But I look forward to custom faceplates; hope we won't have to wait too long for that.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #66 of 344
IMG_5683.jpg

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #68 of 344

Yep, just as I said. The new FR chart looks suspiciously perfect though, almost Andromeda-esque.

And because it was painfully apparent that I was being misinterpreted, I guess I have to disclaim to take the manufacturer's data with a grain of salt.

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #70 of 344

That new measurement graph, assuming it is a raw measurement, looks more in-line with what I measured (compensated measurement):

FR.jpg

Both sides measured with different ear tip sizes and insertion depths.

About the graphs: frequency-response.blogspot.com/p/about-measurement-graphs.html
As always the usual disclaimer that my compensation that is based on the diffuse-field target is not 100%perfect yet and displays too little level around 3 and 6 kHz, so please add somewhat more level around 3 and 6 kHz when visualising the graph in your mind.

Covering the rear vent, which is the only vent, results in a more flattened midrange and somewhat reduced bass.

The unit I received unfortunately had a faulty dynamic driver on one side which caused that channel imbalance that you can see in the lows wherefore I cannot really comment much on the sound at all. Let's see how the replacement measures when it arrives.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #72 of 344
I'd love to read comparisons against popular IEMs like the KZ ZS5, MEE audio P1, Magaosi K3 Pro/HD, TFZ Exclusive King, FLC 8S, etc.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #73 of 344
I'm watching this thread with interest, the BD005 were a great little earphone that lacked a bit of top end for my preference. I turned down a chance to review a pair of the H3 as it would have gone against my own 'no freebie' review policy. But I am in the market for a pair of earphones on in the next bracket up so I'm interested in how these perform against the like of the P1s and K3Pros.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #75 of 344
Taken from their facebook page, getting really close now!

Good news guys! We deeply apologize for keeping you guys waited for our H3 , the wait is coming to an end ( finally ) . Now our distributor PENONAUDIO will be having the H3 on next Tuesday! So for those who are interested , please give them a call for enquires. And once again , thank you so much for supporting us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back