The New Questyle M15i and M12i
Feb 28, 2024 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Questyle

Sponsor: Questyle
Hello everyone!

We at Questyle are very excited to announce the second-generation updates to our acclaimed M15 and M12:

The Questyle M12i and M15i

1709164251132.png
1709164280228.png

These update products feature a number of upgrades, including:
  • Both products are now MFi certified, ensuring seamless integration into the Apple ecosystem with greater performance and longer-lasting compatibility (they both meet Apple's strict requirements for external devices' power consumption and interoperability)​
  • Both support up to PCM768 / DSD512​
  • The M12i now joins the M15i family with a transparent glass window into the hardcore tech inside​

To learn more, you can visit the official Head Gear pages for both of these products:

You can also find them for sale on our official Questyle Shop: https://questyleshop.com/collections/mobile-dac-map

Attachments

• 1709164210430.png
    1709164210430.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 0
Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 31
I really wish the M12i had ditched the lame auto-gain-adjust feature and just went with a physical gain switch like the M15 and M15i have.

Or just have it permanently set to high gain.

Oh well, maybe next time. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 31
Not that many people will miss MQA I imagine.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 31
I got them both. M15i is a well developed upgrade to the old M15. It sounds good as it did before, and, I noticed a few improvements such as a more easy-to-use gain switch on the side, a more reliable usb socket and more delicate sandblasting processes, especially the signal interference has also been reduced, which is great to see on a serial upgrade. Then the new M12i, one that truly amazed me when I first listened to. The sound stage is superb, so natrual. It is definately the best stereo dac/amp dongle I've ever experenced. If I deside to go out and want some music to listen to, I will carry it, for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #7 of 31
I got them both. M15i is a well developed upgrade to the old M15. It sounds good as it did before, and, I noticed a few improvements such as a more easy-to-use gain switch on the side, a more reliable usb socket and more delicate sandblasting processes, especially the signal interference has also been reduced, which is great to see on a serial upgrade. Then the new M12i, one that truly amazed me when I first listened to. The sound stage is superb, so natrual, so real. It is definately the best stereo mobile dac/amp I've ever experenced. If I deside to go out and want some music to listen to, I will carry it, for sure.
So are you saying that the m12i is the better sounding of the two?

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 31
So are you saying that the m12i is the better sounding of the two?
I prefer M12i, for the smaller size. I got one M15 and the new 15i has a consistent sound, which is not that new to me, but 12i made me wow ( I had one M12 before but that's too long ago and I can't remember how it sounds now). Specifically, M15i has better vocal and more punchy bass, but the vocal is a little bit forward (for me). M12i has a better sound stage, and the timbre is a little bit dry, but I think it's okay.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #12 of 31
many people have collections of MQA music... why not offer it...
In absolute numbers, I'll bet very few people have much and including MQA increases the price for everyone. Transitivily that implies needing to charge the majority of your customers for something they don't have, probably don't care about and even more likely that they don't want.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #13 of 31
In absolute numbers, I'll bet very few people have much and including MQA increases the price for everyone. Transitivily that implies needing to charge the majority of your customers for something they don't have, probably don't care about and even more likely that they don't want.
thats what some people said when radio went from AM to FM... hmmm

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #14 of 31
MQA hardly is comparable. It is widely considered simply a money making scheme that offers absolutely no audible benefit. You may not agree which is fine, but I have rarely heard anybody express much love for MQA.

It seems like a solution that went looking for a problem.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #15 of 31
MQA hardly is comparable. It is widely considered simply a money making scheme that offers absolutely no audible benefit. You may not agree which is fine, but I have rarely heard anybody express much love for MQA.

It seems like a solution that went looking for a problem.
most of the complaints came from people who didn't have updated equipment to listen to MQA and weren't too happy that they would need to spend money on a product that wasn't night/day difference.... it actually sounds good... never heard one single person say that MQA didn't sound good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back