The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 4, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #9,841 of 23,660
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. From 64 just now...

On Thursday April 2, 2020, our state’s Governor, Jay Inslee, extended his order shuttering non-essential businesses. The shutdown of our production facility will remain in effect until midnight on May 4th, 2020, unless extended by the governor

Just as I was going to order my 18s, too!

Who says custom IEMs aren’t “essential”!?
They are to me!

Seriously, I hope 64 comes out of this mess unscathed....

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #9,842 of 23,660
Just as I was going to order my 18s, too!

Who says custom IEMs aren’t “essential”!?
They are to me!

Seriously, I hope 64 comes out of this mess unscathed....
Yeah they actually finished my unit during overtime on the night before they closed down... this lockdown would look a whole lot worse without my new CIEMs. My friend also ordered a pair last night but it’s not looking like he’s getting them anytime soon

Apr 4, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #9,843 of 23,660
Listening to the Fourte’s this morning looking out at an April snow storm dump and thinking how lucky we are to have music.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #9,844 of 23,660
Talking about a clear design, how about half and half? :) Courtesy of my sister, I was going to go with something a lot less entertaining. I call them the Yin and Yang
Btw, are these the recessed connectors? I'm confused

Edit: Somehow I didnt notice the weird smidge on the black one when dojng the shooting -.-
Nice design, I like how it has an element of symmetry. I'm pretty sure those are not recessed which probably has to do with the shape of your ear. How are you finding the sound? I know you demoed the universal, did you find a large difference between them?

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #9,846 of 23,660
stats.JPG
basically this, i'm pretty excited to see how it looks in person, I wanted the wood plates but I'm already spending way to much money and I wanted to be able to see everything. I was thinking of just doing one side but the lack of symmetry bothered me

I wish I could see fourte noir internal hehe :innocent: :eye::ghost:

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #9,847 of 23,660
Nice design, I like how it has an element of symmetry. I'm pretty sure those are not recessed which probably has to do with the shape of your ear. How are you finding the sound? I know you demoed the universal, did you find a large difference between them?
The way they put sockets is something I haven’t fully understood either. My A18t had flat sockets, then I got it reshelled and it had recessed ones, and now my A18S has flat sockets again - can’t be down to ear shape alone imo

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #9,848 of 23,660

I would probably say the sound signature is a tad bit different. But I don't know anymore to be honest, as the first day I got the A12t I would describe it as boomy and slightly muddled, but once I got the fit right, the experience at worst sounds just as good as the best fit I got with the universals, and at best it's even better, just because everything is super closed and controlled. Bass is right up my valley with the m20, albeit a bit fuller than the universals, but I'd say maybe 5% fuller, and not at all regressing the overall presentation in anything I've heard so far.

So all in all not so much of a difference from my experience, but it may differ from ear shape to ear shape, and also from your own understanding of sound. I can't say I'm an audiophile. :)

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #9,849 of 23,660
I have had a N8 in my cart for several days. Just haven’t pulled the trigger. I still think it may be too close to Trio or LX.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #9,850 of 23,660
I have had a N8 in my cart for several days. Just haven’t pulled the trigger. I still think it may be too close to Trio and LX.
May as well wait now. Only advantage the n8 could possibly give you is the apex pressure system if that's something that bothers you?

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #9,851 of 23,660
I have had a N8 in my cart for several days. Just haven’t pulled the trigger. I still think it may be too close to Trio and LX.
I haven’t heard the trio for a while now but the N8 is quite seriously different from the Legend X, and just working from memory has a much better midrange than the trio

Apr 4, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #9,853 of 23,660

I removed it from my cart. It would just deplete some of the money I am saving for a new DAP.

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #9,854 of 23,660
I remember reading on the 64Audio website that they usually do recessed sockets, but will use non-recessed if your ear shape doesn't work with a recessed socket. I have recessed sockets but I know some other members have non-recessed sockets.

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #9,855 of 23,660
Also, about the shutdown, this is what 64Audio posted on their website.
https://blog.64audio.com/covid-19-update/

Looks like they are saying operations are mostly normal, just slowed down. However, it seemed like other members here received an email that stated they are shutting down for a month? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back