The Opamp thread
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #7,366 of 7,383
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #7,367 of 7,383
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #7,368 of 7,383
yes! Thanks for responding ! Yeah, I seemingly cant find them stateside. But I will try your suggestions!
no problem! if the claim is true of OCC silver plated copper the aliexpress adapter might be even better than others

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #7,369 of 7,383
no problem! if the claim is true of OCC silver plated copper the aliexpress adapter might be even better than others
You know what, I found a place in Minnesota, USA thats sells Dip8 adapters/extneders called DigiKey. They have lots of Dip8 interconnects for mad cheap ( https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/299-43-308-10-001000/1212031 ). They also have international purchase sites for those outside America as well, like Germany where you are ( https://www.digikey.de/ ) !

Either way, its good that we all have more options in Europe, American and Asia to source crazy parts like this fast!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #7,370 of 7,383
Apr 7, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #7,371 of 7,383
Apr 7, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #7,372 of 7,383
You know what, I found a place in Minnesota, USA thats sells Dip8 adapters/extneders called DigiKey. They have lots of Dip8 interconnects for mad cheap ( https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/299-43-308-10-001000/1212031 ). They also have international purchase sites for those outside America as well, like Germany where you are ( https://www.digikey.de/ ) !

Either way, its good that we all have more options in Europe, American and Asia to source crazy parts like this fast!
These adapters are great and not expensive:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJvjY7X

I compared these adapters to typical DIP8 gold plated sockets and found that sound quality improves when using these long adapters in my devices. Reccomend 👍

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #7,373 of 7,383
These adapters are great and not expensive:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJvjY7X

I compared these adapters to typical DIP8 gold plated sockets and found that sound quality improves when using these long adapters in my devices. Reccomend 👍
Glad you said this...got some of these on order! I will compare both in a op-amp death-match!

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #7,374 of 7,383
these look awesome if you just need a 90 degree bent, much better than wires i think..
we will see....at least it will clear my case when I close it. I have a different adapter in one of my rigs that had a really tight fit. It didnt fit the dip8 sockets straight away, and had to stretch the prongs to their limits (which isnt good long term). The ones I got from DigiKey and Alibaba will work way better without too much fiddling.

20240405_121625.jpg

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #7,375 of 7,383
Glad you said this...got some of these on order! I will compare both in a op-amp death-match!
It was interesting for me to find that typical small gold plated dip8 sockets (I used three pieces to lift up my opamp from board) affected sound quality quite noticeable (not in a good way), compared to these long dip8 extenders 🤔 I made a comparison several times and found that sound quality was better when using these long extenders. It may be because of different material being used (copper-berylium in small DIP8 sockets VS silver plated copper wires in DIP8 extenders). 🤔

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #7,376 of 7,383
we will see....at least it will clear my case when I close it. I have a different adapter in one of my rigs that had a really tight fit. It didnt fit the dip8 sockets straight away, and had to stretch the prongs to their limits (which isnt good long term). The ones I got from DigiKey and Alibaba will work way better without too much fiddling.
please report back :) but my feeling tells me that a longer wire can just degrade the sound more, specially if we take the bypass caps on the board into account, tho i think the burson opamps probably can handle it.. a opamp chip is more susceptible here

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #7,377 of 7,383
please report back :) but my feeling tells me that a longer wire can just degrade the sound more, specially if we take the bypass caps on the board into account, tho i think the burson opamps probably can handle it.. a opamp chip is more susceptible here
will do...youre prolly right

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #7,378 of 7,383
It was interesting for me to find that typical small gold plated dip8 sockets (I used three pieces to lift up my opamp from board) affected sound quality quite noticeable (not in a good way), compared to these long dip8 extenders 🤔 I made a comparison several times and found that sound quality was better when using these long extenders. It may be because of different material being used (copper-berylium in small DIP8 sockets VS silver plated copper wires in DIP8 extenders). 🤔
hmmm...interesting. I did get away from having too many sockets for exactly what you said. And I agree about the extenders and what wiring is used too. We shall see !

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #7,379 of 7,383
Gotta say i love that smaller size of new burson lineup. Will have to give them a go soonish. Ordered muses05, so than will keep me busy a bit.

As for the extenders. Now, i don't think it will degrade the sound much if all works fine, but the main reason i say that is, that it can oscillate, which would mean it doesn't work fine. My guess is most people in this hobby of ours doesn't have oscilloscope, and oscilations may go unnoticed. Oscillations impact sound, and can produce issues. Newclassd opamp oscillates on such adapter, i noticed it mostly due to excessive heat being produced, so i clipped it on with a dummy load to my oscilloscope, and there i had it. So be careful, it's also dependant on where you put it.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #7,380 of 7,383
Gotta say i love that smaller size of new burson lineup. Will have to give them a go soonish. Ordered muses05, so than will keep me busy a bit.

As for the extenders. Now, i don't think it will degrade the sound much if all works fine, but the main reason i say that is, that it can oscillate, which would mean it doesn't work fine. My guess is most people in this hobby of ours doesn't have oscilloscope, and oscilations may go unnoticed. Oscillations impact sound, and can produce issues. Newclassd opamp oscillates on such adapter, i noticed it mostly due to excessive heat being produced, so i clipped it on with a dummy load to my oscilloscope, and there i had it. So be careful, it's also dependant on where you put it.
Where did you order your Muses05? :O I couldn't find these with dip8 socket configuration :/ will these be an upgrade to Muses03? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back