The pain of walking into a hifi store...
May 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
I wouldn't know how to control myself lol

Actually my friends laughed because we all had the same "man, that kinda sucks" look on our faces when the music played, but we sure didn't see it that way on the way there! Yes, it might not seem like those very expensive speakers (or more importantly, headphones) are $20,000 better, but the positional cues are so precise and the sound is so nimble, detail is all there but subtle instead of being thrown right at you (on the Utopia, not the Dyns), and the treble was unbelievable (on the Sonus Faber)...but damn, if we had that much money to toss at anything, we'd get one of those and build a room around them.

May 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

I'm paying for the wedding, so I see no issue lol I do agree with you about the bass extension giving me the perception that the treble is more polite.

...and she's pretty adamant about this being my wedding/birthday/Christmas present... which is fine with me!

One smart thing--you just fessed up about the headphones.
A strong marriage is built on honesty and I say that as a guy who's been married 23 years. 

May 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

One smart thing--you just fessed up about the headphones.
A strong marriage is built on honesty and I say that as a guy who's been married 23 years. 

Its part of my 12 step program...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back