The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 10, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #88,891 of 89,868
Did you directly order it from their website or are there any retailers that carry it?
I ordered from one of their official dealers in HK. I reached out to AA and they informed that the delivery time is 3 weeks. The dealer had 2 units in stock though and I got the IEM in 2 business days coming from Asia! They had excellent service btw.

May 10, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #88,892 of 89,868
I think texting and messaging on a message board are hard because they lack nuance. I am new here. I started following water cooler before CanJam New York.

When I got there and wandered over to the Musicteck table. Ended up meeting and hanging out with @RTodd. One of the nicest people you can ever meet. @bigbeans and his father invited me to hear the audio technica amp. He let me listen to his wonderful set up. Met @Visceral and talked fatherhood.

I guess the point I am making is I was an outsider and I got welcomed with open arms. I don’t feel like this is an old boys club. It is a group of people passionate about sound.

You are absolutely right regarding nuance being missed which can lead to complete misunderstanding.

Most folks are only ever going to interact online not in person so the dynamic is going to be entirely different.

It is pretty apparent to me that Rockwell75 has no time for me based on content here but I am sure we would get on fine in the real world, at least I doubt he would call me a twat to my face. However, that is never going to happen due to me being on the other side of the planet.

Like I said, I am fine with the WC being what it is. I offered an opinion as an outsider because I was literally asked to do so by member of admin.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #88,893 of 89,868
They all use the same driver, they sound quite similar all three. Personally I like the design more on KPH40, and its the most comfortable. The KPH30i with its plastic is more prone to crack, and have more ear pressure. This may change depending on how they fit, but KPH40 sound a little warmer for me.

The KPH30i can be good to change it up and use with large Grado Pads, make them both brighter and more spacious.
Oh that's excellent info. I'll have to try them then. And yeah the tape blobs on my set on the right confirm that the 30i plastic may indeed crack!! Thanks a lot.

May 11, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #88,894 of 89,868
The soundtrack for my morning walk
DSC_0502.JPG

Screenshot_20240511-070136.png

May 11, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #88,895 of 89,868
Had an extensive listen and I think it is wonderfully emotive with lovely mids and if enveloping BCD staging/sound is what you’re after you won’t be disappointed. Socrates is warm but could be more open on the low end. I’d love to try 622B with SOA or Nightjar 2 wire Sovereign which has a lovely musical, fluid timbre but wouldn’t be too rich.
That's one of the reasons I bought it and because it sounds like a great all rounder. I'm looking forward to trying it with a Liquid Links Evua II and the R8ii.

May 11, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #88,896 of 89,868
Heard this one at CanJam Chicago 2022. Bling at all, they actually sounded pretty awesome.. 🤪
Are they really worth that much money? I wanted to switch from my last headphones to Campfire Supermoon, but luck smiled on me and I managed to listen to them before purchasing. As a result, I stayed with my old ones, which are 3 times cheaper.

May 11, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #88,897 of 89,868
Naming only one, which piece of head-fi gear represents the very best value for money for you?

drftr

I recently bought an ifi go pod, perhaps this is it. Convenience, sound quality, price. In descending order. I compared it live with Tempotec V6 and Fiio m11plus, which I immediately sold, and am now comparing it with Sony zx, which I’m also thinking about selling now. Why Dap when there is such a thing as go pod.

May 11, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #88,898 of 89,868
I recently bought an ifi go pod, perhaps this is it. Convenience, sound quality, price. In descending order. I compared it live with Tempotec V6 and Fiio m11plus, which I immediately sold, and am now comparing it with Sony zx, which I’m also thinking about selling now. Why Dap when there is such a thing as go pod.
How stabile are they if you move your head to the music? Not a stage diver here but I do like to become one with the music.

drftr

May 11, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #88,900 of 89,868
+1

I never have stuff burned-in. I want them to develop with me and me to develop with them.

@CharlyBrown How was the event in Munich?!

I’m still there currently. The best part is meeting many great people from head-fi here ☀️ So much fun talking about this hobby in real life!!

Also trying a lot of stuff. Really liked the Trifecta 🤯

A reviewer gave me that advice. Also I know the sound will keep changing regardless over time, because my ear will keep getting used to the sound, hence why I said will post initial impressions before the review.

I couldn’t be that patient. I just put new gear on/in my ears asap, neglecting work, nutrition and sometimes breathing right 😁

May 11, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #88,902 of 89,868

I recently listened to this track from Brian Eno via my Vifa Oslo in the morning and experienced a moment of pure bliss through it. I had to own this piece of music. I found it was only available as part of a collection called "Music For Installations". I managed to find a japenese exclusive SMH-CD version with two bonus tracks on them on Discogs. Today the CDs arrived and I am ripping them as I write this down. I will probably sell the CDs on afterwards, but I am very much looking forward to listening to this collection with my In-Ear gear. :)
DSC_0503.JPG

Another piece of mine which I think is fitting to this song:
be mindfulhalved.jpg

be mindful

May 11, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #88,903 of 89,868
May 11, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #88,904 of 89,868
Really a pity that you couldn't make it to Amsterdam so I hope this weekend will be ample compensation!

drftr
My wife planned a Birthday surprise for me that Saturday because I missed to put the Amsterdam event to our family calendar. Next time I’m not doing the same mistake again…Really envied you guys reading the reports and looking at the pics from the event.

I was contemplating traveling to CanJam London this year but some head-fiers today mentioned there might be only Elise Audio at the show. Is that so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back