The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #85,471 of 88,768
Regarding Pilgrim Noir, I am pretty sure that this is the first time ever for an upgrade to be announced before the OG has even been released. :) Not sure what this says about the OG, but time will tell. When are these IEMs going to be available?
One for discovery thread, one for Watercooler!

🤣

Like others say, it’s nice to have options. Better to do it before release so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #85,472 of 88,768
Regarding Pilgrim Noir, I am pretty sure that this is the first time ever for an upgrade to be announced before the OG has even been released. :) Not sure what this says about the OG, but time will tell. When are these IEMs going to be available?
In a month's time, aiming to get them out in May! 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #85,473 of 88,768
In a month's time, aiming to get them out in May! 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Looking forward to it :D. One of those could well be the IEM that drags me out of "retirement".

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #85,474 of 88,768
Bad comparison.

Xbox Series X is much more powerful and allows you to play more demanding games at higher and more stable frame rates. Of course it comes at a premium price.

Sony DAP ZM2 on the other hand offers very less other than being all bling bling.
So what you're saying is--and I want to confirm I'm following correctly--the more expensive audio model in this case is solely for being shiny and the cost upgrade doesn't bring an upgrade in sound? I'll just be on the sidelines if anyone needs me.

200w (3).gif

89c.gif

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #85,476 of 88,768
The Titan goes on sale in 12 hours, which I've had my eye on, but perhaps it's worth waiting out this Noir release? Have to wonder what the price will be, but I'm guessing it would land a fair amount under $1k.

I heard both the Titan and the Pilgrim (non Noir) at NYC. They really aren't aiming for the same sound. Titan has a huge addictive sub bass shelf with smoother natural tonality that's quite easy on the ears. The Pilgrim is more of your typical Elysian-esc sound focusing more on upper mids/treble and more lively up top. If bass is your priority, the Titan is the easy choice.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #85,477 of 88,768
I heard both the Titan and the Pilgrim (non Noir) at NYC. They really aren't aiming for the same sound. Titan has a huge addictive sub bass shelf with smoother natural tonality that's quite easy on the ears. The Pilgrim is more of your typical Elysian-esc sound focusing more on upper mids/treble and more lively up top. If bass is your priority, the Titan is the easy choice.

I might have misinterpreted the Noir as having a bit more bass, but good to know.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #85,478 of 88,768
Man life was so simple. I tried the Pilgrim at CanJam and wanted a set for $399. Now the Noir, which nobody has heard, is coming out. But what is this price premium and what does this sound like? I don't want a very warm IEM either. Also, the great thing about the Pilgrim was a simple IEM with a fair price. Not sure what all these extra accessories are going to create price-point wise with the Noir. Just give me the IEM minus any fancy extra stuff that just fluffs up the price! Now life is more complicated again!

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #85,479 of 88,768
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #85,480 of 88,768
Man life was so simple. I tried the Pilgrim at CanJam and wanted a set for $399. Now the Noir, which nobody has heard, is coming out. But what is this price premium and what does this sound like? I don't want a very warm IEM either. Also, the great thing about the Pilgrim was a simple IEM with a fair price. Not sure what all these extra accessories are going to create price-point wise with the Noir. Just give me the IEM minus any fancy extra stuff that just fluffs up the price! Now life is more complicated again!
I mean, doesn’t sound that complicated at all, sounds like you just want the 399 Pilgrim lol… good thing it exists right?

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #85,481 of 88,768
Just pretend it doesn't exist lol. You've never heard it therefore can't have fomo. :thinking:

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #85,482 of 88,768
Just pretend it doesn't exist lol. You've never heard it therefore can't have fomo. :thinking:
😂😂😂
FOMO is precisely because I haven’t heard something. What if it’s the sound I never knew I always wanted? And I just wandered the world in ignorance vaguely dissatisfied, but never knowing why. Quelle horreur!

But back to Pilgrim, isn’t the Noir a collab, with all that that implies?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #85,483 of 88,768
😂😂😂
FOMO is precisely because I haven’t heard something. What if it’s the sound I never knew I always wanted? And I just wondered the world in ignorance vaguely dissatisfied, but never knowing why. Quelle horreur!

But back to Pilgrim, isn’t the Noir a collab, with all that that implies?
I'm usually the opposite. I only get fomo over things I have heard but can't seem to justify buying. VEX, STORM, Canpur or even more random sutff like Legend Evo. If I haven't heard it, it usually doesn't bother me.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #85,484 of 88,768
I mean, doesn’t sound that complicated at all, sounds like you just want the 399 Pilgrim lol… good thing it exists right?
Oh it's definitely more complicated. Do I want both? No I'm just kidding. But now I do have to hear the noir before making a decision. That's the minimum

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #85,485 of 88,768
Hey guys! I recently got a chance to test Steven Slate Audio's VSX headphone reference system. Since I've posted about headphone calibration and room modelling in headphones a couple of times here and got quite a lot of interest after I made some of those posts, I thought I'll share about the VSX here too. Well, after quite a bit of testing and taking it through its paces, here's my detailed review of the headphone and software system that models some of the world's best speakers in some of the world's best studios and listening rooms/environments. Read on to know detailed insights, both from an audio engineer and audiophile perspective, into the world of reference speakers, headphones and how both of them come together in the VSX. I've tried to keep it all as simple as possible, so hope it's a fun read. Enjoy, cheers!

Steven Slate Audio VSX Featured Image 2.png

Steven Slate Audio VSX Desktop.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back