The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #86,236 of 90,632
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #86,237 of 90,632
Just having some fun this evening. :ksc75smile:

IMG_2540.jpeg

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #86,238 of 90,632
always very telling to check out their reaction score vs messages posted lol

:smile: That doesn't always work. My first 7k-8k posts were made before reactions were a thing here.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #86,239 of 90,632
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #86,241 of 90,632
No.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #86,242 of 90,632
Alright it's been a while since we've done any sort of survey. Now that we're 1/3 and two CanJams into 2024 what are the top 3-5 things on your radar right now?
1. Elysian Dio - most likely not a buy for me at the rumored ~$6k price point. But, considering how smitten I am (still) with Annihilator, I can only begin to imagine Lee’s tuning magic coupled with a custom spec DD in the mix.

2. Symphonium Titan - a deep reaching subbass shelf that doesn’t cloud the rest of the FR packaged in a very sharp looking shell for $1k. Interest piqued.

3. Melodic Artification Alter Ego - I don’t typically like tuning switches (yet fine with modules for some reason) but really like the look of the shell. CJ SG + @Smirk 24 impressions have put this on the radar for me. Hope this one goes out on tour at some point.

4. A&K SP3000T - Certainly don’t need a new DAP but this looks pretty flexible with the 3 output modes and adjustable tube current. Keen to see how it’s received once units are out in May.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #86,243 of 90,632
Alright it's been a while since we've done any sort of survey. Now that we're 1/3 and two CanJams into 2024 what are the top 3-5 things on your radar right now?

For myself:

1) Elysian Pilgrim Noir - Loved the OG, Noir sounds even more up my alley
2) Elysian Dio-- not really a potential buy for me, but I'm dying to heari it.
3) Melodic Artification Alter Ego -- This one was a show highlight for a very diverse range of folks-- I'm quite interested in hearing it.
4) iBasso PB5-- I'm not really a dongle or portable Amp guy but I might eventually jump on one of these just to try it.
5) An EE prototpe I heard rumours about along the lines of an updated LX-- anyone have any more info on that?

1. Camelot
One of the only IEMs that interests me at the moment.
2. Hiby R4
Only have the DC Elite at the moment and this looks like a good size. Looking at options for a small DAP.
3. EE Triton
Warm mids with EE bass is something I wanted to see happen.
4. Pilgrim Noir
Looks like warmer IEMs are starting to pop up, melike.
5. Noble Onyx
First Noble I’m interested in, again moar warm IEMs pls.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #86,244 of 90,632
Is there is a known correlation between somebodies post count to "like" count proportion and whether they are worth being afforded the courtesy of common decency even if you don't agree with them ?

TBH, I don't even look at the like count proportion. No one gives me any respect here, if I say things which people don't agree on, I get blasted on like everyone else.
To me it's a hobby, it's not personal. You sound like a newbie here. BTW I have nothing against what you say, I just reply directly to you as I see it.
I think everyone here is on a different stage of their journey in this hobby or profession. There will be people who like to buy great value and can't see spending more. There will be others who are willing to pay more for something which they like and can afford it. It's not necessarily rich it's having enough passion to spend beyond our means to get something we appreciate. It's just a preference. When people are passionate there will be banter. We've seen it some many times here. Hope you can bear it here and live with the freedom of speech. haha! Once you go to these events and meet people face to face and have a few beers, I'm sure the mood will change. BTW tell us what you listen to then?:wink:

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #86,246 of 90,632
2. Hiby R4
Only have the DC Elite at the moment and this looks like a good size. Looking at options for a small DAP
me with the RU7... just want something cheap and portable!

1) 634ears LOAK2-Ti (already purchased!)
2) Elysian + EA Pilgrims, both of em
3) Symphonium Titan
4) Oriolus Monachaa (dying to demo this and potentially start saving)
5) buying more music instead of audio equipment
also, adding "buy a big boy cable" to this list somewhere

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #86,247 of 90,632
I do kinda want the DC Elite but that volume knob was so damn annoying. Also I heard it was a power hog.

Anything nearing that sound quality at that size max and at that price range max, but not as much of a power hog?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #86,248 of 90,632
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #86,249 of 90,632
Here's hoping that a stitch in time will save nine...

First, please note that I am not directing this at any particular individual. Obviously, there are multiple parties involved, and so this is meant to address a recent direction of discussion as a whole. That said...

If anybody here has any personal issues with anybody else here, I highly suggest taking that discussion to PMs to work out those issues privately. This thread is many things to many people, but I think we can all agree that personal disagreement ranks pretty far down the scale of what this thread - or indeed any thread on Head-Fi - is intended to be.

I've been pruning the thread by deleting posts that I consider as crossing the line, but honestly I shouldn't have to do that should I? As reasonable individuals, we're all capable of conducting conflict resolution privately, such that we're not distracting everybody else in the thread with such issues.

Please do so.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #86,250 of 90,632
TBH, I don't even look at the like count proportion. No one gives me any respect here, if I say things which people don't agree on, I get blasted on like everyone else.
To me it's a hobby, it's not personal. You sound like a newbie here. BTW I have nothing against what you say, I just reply directly to you as I see it.
I think everyone here is on a different stage of their journey in this hobby or profession. There will be people who like to buy great value and can't see spending more. There will be others who are willing to pay more for something which they like and can afford it. It's not necessarily rich it's having enough passion to spend beyond our means to get something we appreciate. It's just a preference. When people are passionate there will be banter. We've seen it some many times here. Hope you can bear it here and live with the freedom of speech. haha! Once you go to these events and meet people face to face and have a few beers, I'm sure the mood will change. BTW tell us what you listen to then?:wink:

Thank you,

I have been a lurker in the WC on and off getting the feel of the place for a bit and honestly I can see it isn't my place as I simply don't have the interest in the gear that most folks here talk about.

Not helped by exchange rates that make anything I buy about 1.7 times the USD and bought blind.

It seems TOTL or thereabouts is the 90% focus here, pick any page and roll back over the years that is the heavy leaning on discussion, even literally on page one.

Like I said before that is absolutely fine by me it just isn't something that is my thing.

Deleted the rest, not important here :relaxed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back