The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 9, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #88,741 of 89,884
UPS came today (Finally!). Was supposed to be here on Tuesday, then yesterday, and finally today. Oh well.

IMG_2558.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2556.jpeg
IMG_2560.jpeg

**For clarification purposes: the Effect Audio Fusion 1 cable is NOT the stock cable that comes with the CP622B**

Enjoying the heck out of these already…

BA bass? Utterly surprising. Thoroughly impressed right out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #88,742 of 89,884
Naming only one, which piece of head-fi gear represents the very best value for money for you?

drftr

1. iFi hip-dac 3 - at $200, fantastic performance to value off my iPhone, driving both IEMs and headphones while sounding great
  2. CFA Fathom - at $1,050, one of my most enjoyable recent purchases. Didn’t know the price when I demo-ed and may have bought them for double that. Just pure fun.
  3. Modhouse Tungsten - at $2k (depending on config), the best value to performance of any current overhead heapshones [caveat: provided you have a great powerful amp already; otherwise, the cost equation to factor that in no longer holds]

May 9, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #88,743 of 89,884
Yes love this case too - even using it to transport gear around the house with me 😂
Damn how big is your house that you need a travel bag to walk around in it???

May 9, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #88,744 of 89,884
Naming only one, which piece of head-fi gear represents the very best value for money for you?

drftr
Pixel 7a as a streaming transport.

Android 14 brings lossless audio to my non android players. For the best audio quality, I can play music directly from my chosen player.

Runner up: MP3Tag software.

May 9, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #88,746 of 89,884
Value is such a subjective judgment. This setup is easily the best $$ I've ever spent in this hobby if for no other reason than it's muted my desire for anything else, even after so many months. I could write a sonnet about the WM1Z I love it so much. I listen to this combo every morning and each time I pick it up is a renewed joy. My sincere wish for everyone in this hobby is that they find a similar love.

In other news, Watercooler Spring Survey 2024 is live:

https://forms.gle/EdcWumWffFy9wC6b9

Do your part and vote! 111 votes in the last one let's see if we can top it :)
So true - the value is so much relative in the fashion-like business of totls and $1000+ cables (your wisdom of the "fashion business" was ultimately revelational for my perception of this business and its hobbyists).

All in all, personal enjoyment of life is just the difference between desired and attainable. Realistic desirables are arguably much simpler/healthier than overstretched attainables of mortgaging out some collection of totals.

May 9, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #88,747 of 89,884
Anyone own or tried the Technics EAH-AZ80-K? Reading great impressions and as a fan of Technics/Panasonic, I’m incredibly tempted!

IMG_3667.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #88,749 of 89,884
May 9, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #88,750 of 89,884
Could you report on the battery life of this device in real world scenario...I heard it is like 5-6 hrs only?
It's more than 6 hours after the latest FW 1.0.4 that the E7 shipped out with to the ROW. The latest FW added 90 minutes to play time.

I am sure the battery metre will take time to settle down, but I received the E7 the second half of the afternoon yesterday and I was listening to the E7 most of the time until almost midnight and the battery metre was showing around 50%. So, it does depend. Eg. The battery usage seems to be pretty light when you use the BT streaming function from another device.

It is a very slim DAP, similar to the P6Pro, and hence battery life would correspond as well. Design choices by the LP team, I guess. :)

But I will say that, as with all LP DAPs, the sound quality is superb. And for this little DAP, other than the EQ functions, there are 3 different tuning options. So, you basically have a 3-in-1 DAP. :) All I will say is listen without prejudice and see if overall it works for you.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #88,751 of 89,884
Are the inner sections interchangeable/moveable? I'm chucking everything into one of those old Dekoni headphone bags at the moment whenever I go for meets

Yes you get a selection of divider’s that you can configure to accommodate DAPs, IEMs etc.

May 9, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #88,752 of 89,884
The Bellos X4 are fantastic… two hours listening tonight and loving every minute.

Note that mine are the universal version.
  1. Beautiful minimal design - personal preference
  2. Built like tanks and incredibly comfortable
  3. Pinpoint imaging
  4. Wide stereo soundstage
  5. Visceral bass that digs deep
  6. Clear, precise mids with sufficient warmth
  7. Safe but crisp and detailed treble
  8. Excellent all rounder… throw any genre at them and they perform
  9. My initials on both the shells and case :)
  10. Yet another set in the magic $1k zone where beyond the price tag diminishing returns heavily kick in
IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg
How does it compared to U12t?

May 9, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #88,753 of 89,884
How does it compared to U12t?

I’ve yet to try the U12T, it has long been on my list since I first heard it described as an upgrade to the IER-M9! Definitely an itch to scratch at some point.

May 9, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #88,754 of 89,884
So far for me it’s the Bellos X4

IMG_9937.jpeg

🥰 Okay, I just have to ask (since you're able to cable roll with yours), would you say that I'm holding mine back with the stock cable? Would you advise that I pick up the RCX adapter?

The Bellos X4 are fantastic… two hours listening tonight and loving every minute.

Note that mine are the universal version.
  1. Beautiful minimal design - personal preference
  2. Built like tanks and incredibly comfortable
  3. Pinpoint imaging
  4. Wide stereo soundstage
  5. Visceral bass that digs deep
  6. Clear, precise mids with sufficient warmth
  7. Safe but crisp and detailed treble
  8. Excellent all rounder… throw any genre at them and they perform
  9. My initials on both the shells and case :)
  10. Yet another set in the magic $1k zone where beyond the price tag diminishing returns heavily kick in
IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

Woo hoo! 🥳 Scubi has joined Team X4! :punch: I think there are quite a few of us now? @Deezel177 @gLer @jwilliamhurst @Trance_Gott @Wyville and myself. I think @KuroKitsu and @Sajid Amit were thinking about it, but I don't know if they ever pulled the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back