Thieaudio Ghost Thread
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #152 of 156
I've been using low gain, havent really messed with high gain yet

i got one of those apos ray 6sn7 tubes and it's sticking out the top of my lyr+ / that's been my go-to amp for almost everything lately.

i'll dig the piety out soon enough and get it connected back up to check the combo out...

PXL_20240314_042445064.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #154 of 156
Yeah I saw that, pretty interesting. I will say while I agree with him on the bang for the buck of the Ghost I very rarely actually recommend it to people because I think oftentimes people in this price segment are looking for their first decent headphone and I don't think they want to be changing/cutting out foam in the pads or swapping cables which I think the Ghost kind of needs.

May 23, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #156 of 156
I just got this used for $66 and these sound phenomenal, they are what I hoped the 58X would be: laid back sound without being muddy, open but with decent bass.

I got this bundled with a 3rd party earpad which the seller claims is very similar to the Meze 109 pro. While it does make it sound "objectively" better (cleaner bass, mids, better separation, touch airier treble). I still prefer stock because of the fatigue free sound that compliments my Grado SR325x.

The sound is reminiscent of the HD 600/XX. Including the infamous "veil, but not to the extent of the 6XX (based on memory). It seems to have better soundstage as well.

I seriously think these should replace the 58X as the usual recommendation for cheap audiophile open back, and sit alongside the 6XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back