This Beyer driver is 234 ohms instead of 250. Can anything be done?
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Amatsu

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I have two Beyer DT770 drivers, each from a different pair, I put them together and noticed the volume from both sides was different, so I measured it and one of them shows 234 ohms, the other 250.

Can I do anything to match the impedances or I'm just going to have to adjust the volume in software? Thanks.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 3
5 percent difference is pretty common for manufacturers to state for OHM rating of each, just like they have different thresholds for channel balance on each model. Use a decibel meter phone app, and online test tone generator to see how many DB they're off, and then it's easy to compensate with a player or equalizer like Peace/APO.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello, I have two Beyer DT770 drivers, each from a different pair, I put them together and noticed the volume from both sides was different, so I measured it and one of them shows 234 ohms, the other 250.

Can I do anything to match the impedances or I'm just going to have to adjust the volume in software? Thanks.
Most peoples ears are not equal in terms of perceived volume. I always test headphones, speakers (and drivers too) and set them up so the stronger ones (if any) are on the my right (weaker ear). Doesn't always work, but it does for one of my headphones and one of my speakers.

234 and 250 ohms is a fairly trivial difference, do you have a way to measure the difference at say 100, 1000, 10k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back