Trends Audio NEW Headphone Tube AMP: UPDATE W/ Photos
Dec 23, 2008 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48
Jump to Post #20 in this thread for a update and photos

Hey Guys,

Heads up: I am getting a small shipment of the new PA-10 tube headphone amp from my friends at Trends Audio. This is a really cool little Tube headphone amp. You can tube roll with the PA-10 as it uses 6DJ8/6922 series and 12AU7 tubes which come in so many brands. There is a intro offer (pre order only) of $199 after that they go up to $225. I should have them in mid January.

You can order them from me from the ALO website HERE

More info and photos at the TRENDS AUDIO page HERE

Email me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 23, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 48
Very interesting. Thanks much Ken. I know you mentioned email, but was wondering if you have had a chance to listen to this unit at all. I have a LB Pro, and am also considering a Little Dot. Understanding that the choice of tubes can have a tremendous impact in the same chassis, any thoughts on how these units in roughly the same price range compare? Thanks, and cheers!

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 48
Is it correct to say it has a phono preamp built into it?
The website says Quote:

(the Phono input with higher gain is provided )

but doesn't mention anything the about riaa curve.

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting. Thanks much Ken. I know you mentioned email, but was wondering if you have had a chance to listen to this unit at all. I have a LB Pro, and am also considering a Little Dot. Understanding that the choice of tubes can have a tremendous impact in the same chassis, any thoughts on how these units in roughly the same price range compare? Thanks, and cheers!

Pale Rider,

No, this guy is very new and I was not privileged to a pre-release version. I cant want to get one for myself as well.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 48
Ken, I believe that ALO has also offered some modded versions of Trends equipment. Do you know if you plan to do that with the PA-10?

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Ken, I believe that ALO has also offered some modded versions of Trends equipment. Do you know if you plan to do that with the PA-10?

I hope so, but will not know until I get mine and investigate. I am getting some better tubes to offer with them now though, also providing a better power cable.

Ken

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope so, but will not know until I get mine and investigate. I am getting some better tubes to offer with them now though, also providing a better power cable.

Ken

Is that something you are thinking of doing for all units you sell, or is that still a test or experiment? Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Is that something you are thinking of doing for all units you sell, or is that still a test or experiment? Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

I do not have any plans right now to mod these, its possible once I get mine and see though but for now I am just going to be selling the stock versions.

Thanks

Ken

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira Yamato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guess u didnt see the last question from the 1page @_@

I really cant say until I get one but from what I am reading, no it would be best using on its own.

Ken

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 48
Ken:
Now that I have made the decision to get an outboard DAC, the PA-10 is looking even more attractive. In some ways, it appears to be a direct categorical competitor to the Head-Direct EF-1. Any thoughts on how the two compare? I believe the EF-1 uses opamps in its output stages, while the PA-10 uses MOSFETs, but not sure in this price range how critical that is.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Ken:
Now that I have made the decision to get an outboard DAC, the PA-10 is looking even more attractive. In some ways, it appears to be a direct categorical competitor to the Head-Direct EF-1. Any thoughts on how the two compare? I believe the EF-1 uses opamps in its output stages, while the PA-10 uses MOSFETs, but not sure in this price range how critical that is.

Hi Pale Rider,

Hard to say unless you have both to really A/B, the PA-10 is going to be a little cheaper though. Its good to see these 2 little tube headphone amps available though. I already have some amperex bugle boy tubes lined up for these as a option. I am sure I will be working on some more tweaks once I get one in to investigate.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back