Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 2, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #2,416 of 2,949
All of this talk, but not a single word of it about the progress or the previously promised pics on the Icarus i & ii ? Do we just sit and wait or should it be more of a concern?

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #2,417 of 2,949
It would appear that the new team at Trinity is there to handle the business aspects of running a company. I have no idea if Daniel has strong business or manufacturing experience, but I'd guess that he's being brought in for that purpose / reason.

What bothers me is that Trinity is now going to outsource the engineering and tuning of their future products. That translates to a loss of one engineer's "ear" (Bob) no longer being Trinity's "ear". i.e. when you buy almost any other >USD$100 IEM you're buying that engineer's ear to tuning and sound. Now, Trinity will no longer have that. Sure, they MIGHT outsource Bob to do it... or not. So whatever future IEMs they come up with will each be unique and potentially have very different characteristics one to another. That would definitely rule out the concept of any consumer wanting to pre-order anything not knowing who on earth will be tuning it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #2,418 of 2,949
Just curious, with today being the last day to use the discount codes, has anyone else preordered the Icarus I or II? I'm weary because of the lack of information & pictures. Especially with the Icarus II. My understanding is that it won't have a standard 3.5mm jack, or else you wouldn't have to choose between MMCX, 2-pin, Hunter/Master or other Trinity models. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is literally blind faith.

I am in your situation, I'm at least waiting to see icarus II .....

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #2,421 of 2,949
Im late to the game. Haven't checked this thread for a while. After the recent email i've got i ordered the Icarus III.

Any info on the Icarus III? someone that have received them can post some impressions?

Thanks

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,423 of 2,949
Can anyone who has PM6 or hunter confirm the diameter of connector pin? I have no tools to measure it. I'm not sure whether it is .78mm or .75mm
I don't have measuring tools either, but the Trinity cable fit fine in my other 2-pin IEMs that do actually used as-stated 0.78mm 2-pin, so I believe the answer you're looking for is that the Hunter connector pins are 0.78mm. Should be the same for the PM6 as well.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,424 of 2,949
I don't have measuring tools either, but the Trinity cable fit fine in my other 2-pin IEMs that do actually used as-stated 0.78mm 2-pin, so I believe the answer you're looking for is that the Hunter connector pins are 0.78mm. Should be the same for the PM6 as well.

Thank you @Midgetguy,
But the PM6 connector seems to have some proprietary notch for fit. Do you think non-trinity .78mm two pin wire fit PM6?

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,425 of 2,949
Thank you @Midgetguy,
But the PM6 connector seems to have some proprietary notch for fit. Do you think non-trinity .78mm two pin wire fit PM6?
This is a problem I've noted in my Hunter review, but it applies to the PM6 as well. Both IEMs use the 0.78mm pins (as far as I know without truly measuring) and while the cable and pins will work in any 0.78mm 2-pin IEM you fancy, you CANNOT put any 0.78mm 2-pin cable you want into the Hunter or PM6. The sockets on both are designed with a male notch that matches to a female notch on the cable connectors. As such, only a cable made with this specific notch on the connectors can fit, which basically means you can't plug in any cable that isn't a Trinity Audio cable. I figure the design is to ensure you can't plug the pins in the wrong way and have a polarity problem. But I find not being able to plug in cables from ANY OTHER COMPANY far more annoying than realizing I need to flip the connector around when plugging in the pins.

Long story short, I doubt you'll find any after-market cable that will securely fit either the Hunter or PM6. You'd have to buy a cable, then clumsily carve a matching notch into it yourself. At least that's my interpretation of the connector/socket system on the Hunter and PM6

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #2,426 of 2,949
All this talk about Kieran responding promptly... so far hasn't been the case for me, but I've just started.

I sent him an email July 30th to try to work out an order issue that Jake had been emailing back and forth on since the end of May. I listed the facts; suggested one solution; and asked to resolve this quickly. So far... no response, not even "Thanks, let me take a look at this". So much for a response w/in two-days. I guess he must be REALLY busy now.

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #2,428 of 2,949
All this talk about Kieran responding promptly... so far hasn't been the case for me, but I've just started.

I sent him an email July 30th to try to work out an order issue that Jake had been emailing back and forth on since the end of May. I listed the facts; suggested one solution; and asked to resolve this quickly. So far... no response, not even "Thanks, let me take a look at this". So much for a response w/in two-days. I guess he must be REALLY busy now.

Same situation. Email on the 31st AM about something that started in February.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #2,430 of 2,949
I ordered icarus III yesterday and today got a notification that they were shipped.
For the price of 75£ it seems like a real bargain.

I did the same and mine were shipped today also.

I emailed about the Icarus I & II also and got this reply

Hello Steve,

We are looking at starting shipping late August/early September but, delays may occur as with previous products.

More information will be released on them closer to the time.

Regards,

Kieran

Trinity Audio Engineering Ltd

www.trinityaudioengineering.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back