TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 16, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #6,781 of 24,683
  • Lowest noise floor of any Bluetooth audio I've used so far (although I haven't used a great variety of these). I'm personally hearing none of the "hiss" that most units in this segment suffer from.
  • It gets more than loud enough for me; I need to keep it below 75-85% on my phone to be at a comfortable listening level (about 5-10% more volume than when plugged in to the same phone).
  • I find the sound from Trinity's on-chip dac/amp very neutral, less colored than the on-board iPhone one.
  • Last thing, the BT signal is STRONG for me. At work I passed my phone through the x-ray machine while I walked through the metal detector the audio didn't drop. Didn't even realize what had happened until a minute later, totally seamless.

I just got my Bluetooth lanyard and I don't have anything to use it with ( I asked them to ship it when they shipped by Master 4). are you supposed to bend the ends of it that attach to the IEM to fit around your ear?

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #6,784 of 24,683
Thx. That's the way I would wear it. So do you have to bend and shape to fit over the ear?
Do you still not hear any hissing?
TIA

The cable is pretty thin and has very little memory, conforms over my ear very willingly, and so I don't have to bend or shape it with any concious effort... still not noticing any hissing or anything like that after a plane trip and a visit to the gym. :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #6,788 of 24,683
The cable is pretty thin and has very little memory, conforms over my ear very willingly, and so I don't have to bend or shape it with any concious effort... still not noticing any hissing or anything like that after a plane trip and a visit to the gym. :)

Interesting. My cable feels like the end with plug is thicker and needs to be shaped to fit over the ear

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #6,790 of 24,683
So from what I can tell from the last 10 pages, there's been a change to the filters that are included with the pm4. Can we get some more information on this? One of the major pros for me on the Pm4 were the longer filters. I often have issues where IEMs with short nozzles end up pushing on my antitragus or antihelix and causing pain.

Some more details and possibly some photos would be appreciated before they ship.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #6,791 of 24,683
So from what I can tell from the last 10 pages, there's been a change to the filters that are included with the pm4. Can we get some more information on this? One of the major pros for me on the Pm4 were the longer filters. I often have issues where IEMs with short nozzles end up pushing on my antitragus or antihelix and causing pain.

Some more details and possibly some photos would be appreciated before they ship.

Thanks!

I already asked for the same, but without answer for now...

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #6,792 of 24,683
As @Bobtrinity said before"The MASTER 6 and HUNTER will now come with 12 different filters offering 12 different sound signatures. We have made the standard size filters a little longer and we don't need to now offer the 2 lengths." So I mean PM4 will stay by 2 different length of filters.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #6,794 of 24,683
It is my understanding that the PM4 will be compatible with the Sabre filters, so you could probably just use those. You can still use the head-fi discount to buy a Sabre. It is always useful to have a spare IEM anyway.

Well, in my case I ordered PM6, so there is no such compatibility, on the other hand I already have spare headphones. I am using now dunu 2000J and I am very happy with the sound, but I thought that because of longer filter PM6 will offer similar sound and better isolation. Now I am not sure that I need another headphones with short nozzle.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #6,795 of 24,683

I'm still curious as to whether the PM4 will have the long and short filters?

No as we are using a different filter system which are a little longer anyway, so won't be needed.

^^ That is a quote from me asking Bob about the filters on the PM4 and his response from page 446. I'm hoping that it means there won't be any fitment issues for me since all the filters will apparently be of a decent length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back