Tube Damper Question
Dec 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vo_obgyn

100+ Head-Fier
I have a tube damper on the input tube of my RSA Raptor and I am very happy with it. I was wondering, should I consider buying a couple of more dampers for my two output tubes as well? Or, should I just stay with the one on my input tube? Thanks for the help.

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 6
Different type of dampers will not in same result, I love herbie's in input and no dampers on output.

You may try for yours, they're not expansive.

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Different type of dampers will not in same result, I love herbie's in input and no dampers on output.

You may try for yours, they're not expansive.

Thanks for the help. I was thinking about getting two more of the same dampers for my output tubes as I got for my input tube. Not sure if it makes sense to get dampers for the output tubes if the input tube has one already. I like Herbie's also.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Damper on output can make focus, but less open or nature or airy.(Sorry, I don't know how to explain correctly in English.)

Just in my system.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks. You answered the main question I had for the original post; namely, will adding two of the same dampers to the output tubes add the to sound, or should I just leave the one on the input tube? From your post, it is better just to use a single one at the input tube.

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Raptor is seperated PSU design, stay away from PSU for less vibration effect.

One damper for input will be enough, I think...

But you may try, maybe you will like the improved.

In my case, the Supra's power transformer is on same case.

But I still don't like dampers on output tubes, but must on input.
regular_smile%20.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back