Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Feb 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #31 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i tried the bi flange and just no

i couldnt get a tight seal in my right ear with them, and no i didint try licking them or using olive oil etc as frankly im never going to do that when out and putting them back in.

may try keeping a set as triflange but cutting down the stem end a bit but ive only got one set of flanges left, things are certainly not us$10 in the uk, like most other things they are an utter rip off here. (even with the awful exchange rate still cheaper everywhere else)

Lol, who cares what others think, I do it in the train all the time. I couldn't care less. I don't lick them, If i have my water bottle bottle on me I wet my finger tips and moisten the tips that way or I lick my finger tips and moisten them that way. Lick the tips??? ewww earwax ain't that great tasting, lol

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #32 of 345
im still not convinced, the olives are just soooooo comfy, easy to use but yes the do kill the highs a bit. i should have time on thursday to play about with shortening the triple flange set i have left to see if i can get a better fit but im not convinced i will. i dont hink my ears like the material they are made of.

hmm might try one or two klipsch tips on them

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #33 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im still not convinced, the olives are just soooooo comfy, easy to use but yes the do kill the highs a bit. i should have time on thursday to play about with shortening the triple flange set i have left to see if i can get a better fit but im not convinced i will. i dont hink my ears like the material they are made of.

hmm might try one or two klipsch tips on them

I see what your saying dude. My current setup is just a bi-flange with a un-cut stem. I pushed the stem slightly....key word...."slightly"...over the nozzle barb. The result is a pair of Shure SE530s that sound like full size headphones. The soundstage is incredible. I don't think any IEM comes close to these modified 530's. The only downside is you need to moisten the tips before putting them on to reduce friction and allow them to easily slide down the ear canal. Also the 530's now stick out your ear and look like the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10. It doesn't effect the comfort, and fit of the 530s at all.....Personally I like the way they stick out in a way, lol.....idk...

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #35 of 345
I was experimenting with something pretty stupid today and actually found that it worked pretty well!

I had some e2c orange foams left over (I already ordered the yellow foams, thanks to mark and the rest) from fitting them on my older (sold long time ago) e2c, and had this stupid idea of trying to get them to fit on my 530, although I obviously knew that the nozzle sizes were different. So here's what I did - I just put it on backwards, where the narrower opening on the foam is. This way it was tight enough to actually lock the foams from slipping away from the nozzle (it doesn't get past that "barb" part), although it is still very loose and rolls around. Anyways, I put it in my ear, and found that the sound quality was still fantastic! This way I'm previewing how the yellow foamies will sound like when I get it. Not too bad for a makeshift tip.

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #37 of 345
well i had the olives back on today and dammit i like them so far better than anything else ive tried so far.

i love thier isolation and richness they give the bass line that i feel the yellow foamies just dont give me, of course i will continue playing about with other tips when i have to time to

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #38 of 345
have ended up with the two flange mod...approached it slowly...be sure to trim off the extra material flush with the flange for comfort...back end can be trimmed for ear fit...i removed more like an eighth of an inch...g

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #39 of 345
Well I can never insert those flanges. Tried triple, made them bi-flange afterwards and still couldn't insert them. I am quite happy with Yellow and Olive ones. It's a big hassle inserting and removing the flange ones now and then.

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #42 of 345
The trick is not to remove the stem at all, just cut the first flange off, and rub them in with some body lotion/olive oil. That'll make them very easy to insert.
You'll have to use some lotion/oil the first times, but they get smoother by use, so after a week or so, you'll be able to just insert them and be done with it
beerchug.gif

Have fun with it
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #43 of 345
I didn't see it mentioned, but have any of you tried foam under silicon? I am using silicon tips with comply's under for my IE8s and I get the benefits of both, awesome isolation, bass, and no treble attenuation! And comfortable also!

I don't see why it shouldn't work with the se530s.

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #44 of 345
Yeah, I tried it, but didn't like it very much
frown.gif
It put too much pressure on my earcanal.. resulting in pain after 15 minutes of use.
But glad to hear that works great for you
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #45 of 345
I tired it today and I personally think it sounded much worse with the mod... went right back to the olives. Glad it work for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back