Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Feb 19, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #692 of 733
Had a chance to listen to the UERM demo. Astounding! Added a brief review to my thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart/225#post_11338655

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #693 of 733
Had a chance to listen to the UERM demo. Astounding! Added a brief review to my thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart/225#post_11338655

By definition, that is a brief impression. To be brutally honest, nothing of it remotely resembles a proper review, not to mention the usage of demo units.

No, just no.

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #694 of 733
Wow, touchy much? I think the term 'brief review' covers it well enough. He's kind enough to give 'his' impressions of a lot of universal versions of customs and that's your response? Where was his description off? His impressions follows other's takes and posted response curves. Beyond that, there's preference that's not something to question. Have you listened to the wide cross section of things he has to question his perspective? You can disagree or discuss points but that response is simply uncalled for. I think most though 'no, just no' when they read it.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #695 of 733
  It'd be nice if he could write something about both IEMs in this thread.

Reviews say Layla is very neutral. Anyone with UERM had the chance to compare?

To my ears, UERM share very similar signature to Layla. I would say Layla is the UERM on steroids. Both serves the same purpose (mastering / reference flat response) being bright, highly revealing, unforgettable with high details and clarity. Layla seems to have more punch on lows and it is really handy you can tune the bass response to your needs (60db). Overall the double price difference is for a reason - Layla tends to be more technically skilled. You can't go wrong with either, just choose your price range. (BTW - I would NOT choose Angie over the UERM).

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #698 of 733
  Anyone know a good relatively inexpensive source for a 4-pin XLR cable for the UERMs?

PlusSound Audio is pretty affordable.  They are the only aftermarket cable maker I know of that offers the shrouded UE pins (like the stock cable).  They offer XLR terminations as well.  Christian answers emails very promptly.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #699 of 733

PlusSound Audio is pretty affordable.  They are the only aftermarket cable maker I know of that offers the shrouded UE pins (like the stock cable).  They offer XLR terminations as well.  Christian answers emails very promptly.

I ended up buying a 9 foot cable from Mimic Cables for $56 shipped. There was no way in hell I was going to pay $135 for 4 feet of copper wire and like $15 worth of connectors. 

I really wish I had found this site before I bought my HD800 cable. I could have saved like $40.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #700 of 733

I ended up buying a 9 foot cable from Mimic Cables for $56 shipped. There was no way in hell I was going to pay $135 for 4 feet of copper wire and like $15 worth of connectors. 

I really wish I had found this site before I bought my HD800 cable. I could have saved like $40.

Whoah, that's a long cable for IEMs! 

I was just thinking about posting in this thread yesterday. It seems all the custom IEM threads get a lot of posts and attention, except the UERM. Wonder why?

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #701 of 733

I was just thinking about posting in this thread yesterday. It seems all the custom IEM threads get a lot of posts and attention, except the UERM. Wonder why?

My hd800 cable is 10 ft. I like having the flexibility a longer cable offers. I'm not restricted with regards to where I can place my amp or how much I can move around my room. I chose the short cable option for the single-ended.

The UERMs aren't really "hot". There's no hype train or anything since they've been around awhile.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #702 of 733

Frankly, I wanted to love them.  I purchased them and barely use them...they're underwhelming.  

Don't mean to be a party pooper...they just don't get me revved up enough to go on about them.

HS

May 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #704 of 733
1 - how is UERM compared to the K3003 ?

2 - is there a good reshell point available in Europe ( and how much would a UERM reshell go for) ?

thanx in advance , i am interested in getting a 2nd-hand UERM but i need these 2 main points answered
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back