Ultrasone Edition 8
Aug 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #1,591 of 2,099
Quote:
The SigPros to me have exceeded the Edition 8 in terms of sound quality for my personal preference.

However, the Ed8s are still far more beautiful.

The T5Ps will compete with the Ed8s neck for neck, but personally, I prefer the Ed8s. I don't really like the beyer TOTL sound.

After extensively listening to the Sig Pro and the Edition 8, I have just come to the conclusion that they are just different. I agree with MuppetFace that the Ed8 is more of a "hi-fi" sound. And the Ed 8's soundstage and imaging is bar none. And you're right, the Ed8 is such a beautiful can, not to mention most comfortable I've ever worn. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #1,592 of 2,099
I have not used all the headphones that many people here have, but for me Ed8 is a very good can for what it offers (isolation, sound, 3d) overall.

And most important... they look georgeous... SigPro looks (for me) more classic or cheap-looking... I know sound is what matters, but if they are 90% equal, I will stay with Ed8... it saves me the pain of selling them, getting SigPro, etc etc.

I'm a happy camper with Ed8.

Now... I just need more head time with my LCD-2 to make more comparisons... 

Head Time of Ed8 LE (at work): ~6hrs
Head Time of LCD-2 (at home): 0hrs

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,593 of 2,099
Rayzilla-
After owning the Ed8 for about two years i can say this......

The Ed8 gets about the most headtime for me here.  This is because i use them about half the time i am portable and about a third the time at home so beats others in total time.  

I like all of my headphones, so hard to say one is the best.  The W3000anv are the newest and i probably am liking them the best right now.  Use the HD800's probably most at home, they are the most transparent, clear and also match best with the Zana Deux- which is my highest end amp.  So those are my "go to" phones.  The DX1000s also come in the mix often when the time is right.  So are the Ed8's the best....maybe/coin toss.  If i had to pick only one phone for all my uses, it would be the Ed8 though, i can say that almost certainly.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #1,594 of 2,099
Taken from the Sig Pro thread :-

The Signature DJ was announced along with two new Edition 8 re-colors, curiously named "Romeo and Juliet." Oh, and some ugly $800 USD earphones.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/14/ultrasone-iq-in-ear-headphones/

And people wonder why I say Ultrasone is nuttier than a fruitcake.

The Signature DJ looks like the PRO, only with white accents. If they tune it to be bassier and are still using the same drivers, then this is pretty much the Edition 9 re-release people were originally anticipating.

I must say I'm surprised at the Ed8's new colours. In early July at the Fujiya Portable show, I heard that they were coming out with new colours but was told pink rather than red.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #1,600 of 2,099
Quote:
I also noticed the extra etched 'design' on the cup surface!!

Looks like fallopian tubes to me.  Too much estrogen there...

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #1,605 of 2,099
Those pink headphones are ugly...

I'm soooo in love with my Ed8 LE colors :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back