Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 6, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #7,171 of 7,348
I've decided to climb the mountain and scale up to the Multiverse Mentor and therefore a pristine set of Indigos is coming available. Please PM if there's any interest in these.
Undoubtedly my absolutely favorite set to date.

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #7,172 of 7,348
I've decided to climb the mountain and scale up to the Multiverse Mentor and therefore a pristine set of Indigos is coming available. Please PM if there's any interest in these.
Nooooooo!!! You're gonna miss 'em!!!

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #7,173 of 7,348
Nooooooo!!! You're gonna miss 'em!!!
I know, I know .... I'm still not convinced I'm going to do it. I love these things. Just received a new set of Divinus Velvet tips and Oh My they really accentuate or shall I say pull out the full bass potentian. They give a similar effect to bass as FInal E but open up the stage and the reveal the upper mids and treble too, unlike the "E's" which tend to choke of the upper end. Incredible tips. They transformed my Xelentos, less drastic with Indigo but still quite noticeable. It'll be hard to say goodbye to them; maybe I wont. Depends on the expressions of interest and I wont be saddened either way.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #7,174 of 7,348
I know, I know .... I'm still not convinced I'm going to do it. I love these things. Just received a new set of Divinus Velvet tips and Oh My they really accentuate or shall I say pull out the full bass potentian. They give a similar effect to bass as FInal E but open up the stage and the reveal the upper mids and treble too, unlike the "E's" which tend to choke of the upper end. Incredible tips. They transformed my Xelentos, less drastic with Indigo but still quite noticeable. It'll be hard to say goodbye to them; maybe I wont. Depends on the expressions of interest and I wont be saddened either way.
I think they didn't work as well for me, but the Render tips do, finally.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #7,175 of 7,348
Indeed Mentor will be better it is also my biggest dream, jumped from Mest 3 to two’s to jump into the Mentor but still not ready for it, need more money to do It lol, but apparently I like More Mest two than Three and don’t know why maybe of the most pronuanced higher frequencies than the three’s however that silince that had it’s own resolution on the Mest 3 was something pretty impressive, damn…

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #7,177 of 7,348
I am selling my Mentor Blue Purple in the EU, if anyone is interested - see my listing.
Where I don’t see it :/ aaaa Yes now I see :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #7,179 of 7,348
I'm actually still torn... I think I should keep it after all but I don't like this policy and would perhaps like to see what UM does in the future.
Is it much More better than Mest? :))

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #7,180 of 7,348
Is it much More better than Mest? :))
Well, in this hobby, "more" and "better" are always a question of subjective perception.

Nevertheless, Alex has written this and I think it gives a good picture. In addition, I would generally and intuitively say that the difference could be significant for me, so yes: "much better".

"MK3 vs Mentor Multiverse – To my surprise after mentioning that I’m reviewing MK3, I got a number of questions asking me to compare it to UM’s flagship Mentor Multiverse. Not sure if people are looking for a scaled down budget version of MM or maybe they want to complete their UM IEM collection. Staring with a soundstage, while MM is a little bit wider, its imaging is more holographic, something Mentor excels even relative to other flagships. With the bass, MM has a stronger mid-bass punch, but MK3 still holds an upper hand when it comes to sub-bass rumble, going deeper and being more elevated. While both have a balanced sound tuning, MM pinna gain gives upper mids more boost, bringing vocals even more forward relative to MK3 and giving them slightly more body. Their treble is close in quantity, but the actual perception is slightly different because bringing mids slightly more forward in MM pushes treble a bit back, while the opposite is true with MK3 where treble has a bit more energy. But overall, while tuning is a matter of a personal preference which makes it hard to decide if one is better than the other, from a perspective of a technical performance, the flagship MM is a noticeable step up in comparison to MK3. And for those who like to correlate improvements relative to a price difference, please keep in mind that as you go up in price there is always a factor of diminishing returns." https://twister6.com/2023/07/22/unique-melody-um-mest-mk3-mkiii-cf/3/

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #7,181 of 7,348
Well, in this hobby, "more" and "better" are always a question of subjective perception.

Nevertheless, Alex has written this and I think it gives a good picture. In addition, I would generally and intuitively say that the difference could be significant for me, so yes: "much better".

"MK3 vs Mentor Multiverse – To my surprise after mentioning that I’m reviewing MK3, I got a number of questions asking me to compare it to UM’s flagship Mentor Multiverse. Not sure if people are looking for a scaled down budget version of MM or maybe they want to complete their UM IEM collection. Staring with a soundstage, while MM is a little bit wider, its imaging is more holographic, something Mentor excels even relative to other flagships. With the bass, MM has a stronger mid-bass punch, but MK3 still holds an upper hand when it comes to sub-bass rumble, going deeper and being more elevated. While both have a balanced sound tuning, MM pinna gain gives upper mids more boost, bringing vocals even more forward relative to MK3 and giving them slightly more body. Their treble is close in quantity, but the actual perception is slightly different because bringing mids slightly more forward in MM pushes treble a bit back, while the opposite is true with MK3 where treble has a bit more energy. But overall, while tuning is a matter of a personal preference which makes it hard to decide if one is better than the other, from a perspective of a technical performance, the flagship MM is a noticeable step up in comparison to MK3. And for those who like to correlate improvements relative to a price difference, please keep in mind that as you go up in price there is always a factor of diminishing returns." https://twister6.com/2023/07/22/unique-melody-um-mest-mk3-mkiii-cf/3/
Nothing to add Here so the difference is much More of what I have ever imagined :/

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #7,182 of 7,348
Nothing to add Here so the difference is much More of what I have ever imagined :/
After all, you have to be able to justify the much higher price. However, the question of proportionality in relation to the improvement is of course open. You are welcome to come to Berlin and listen to Mentor if you like. You don't live sooo far away.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #7,183 of 7,348
After all, you have to be able to justify the much higher price. However, the question of proportionality in relation to the improvement is of course open. You are welcome to come to Berlin and listen to Mentor if you like. You don't live sooo far away.
Thank you very much for inviting me If I have an Opportunity I will do it for sure :) why do I Keep fooling myself that I have an Endgame, Mest two is an awesome set but the Mentor wipes out the floor with it…

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #7,184 of 7,348
In love with the sound quality, Ibasso Dc Elite also blending together with it and adding some extra Justice 😍👌🎶
IMG_6424.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #7,185 of 7,348
I'm actually still torn... I think I should keep it after all but I don't like this policy and would perhaps like to see what UM does in the future.
If you love the IEM, just boycott from this point forward. I get where you and many others are coming from; it's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back