Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #601 of 7,333
That's awesome man! I am curious, where you purchased your Mest from?
I purchased it from MusicTeck. Black/blue.

So you figured out between the Mest and Clarivoyance. Think I might go MEST TOO.
2 main reasons. 1. I keep upgrading incrementally, which is getting silly/wasteful now, and I’m hoping that the MEST might be the best IEM for me, as it seems to check all the right boxes. 2. I‘m still hesitant to buy a product of that price from Linsoul. I have no reservations about the Monarch or Clairvoyance themselves. Both seem fantastic.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #602 of 7,333
received the MEST today and realize the sound quality is easily affected by the ear tips. I like the comply tips a lot but they tend to degrade fast. Do you guys have any suggestions for silicon-based ear tips?
I'm using spinfit cp145. Fantastic seal and sound as well. Unfortunately for mine it came with the additional ear tips missing so I couldn't try out the other sizes and eartips. But Andrew and UM responded very quickly and I should be getting those missing tips soon.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #603 of 7,333
I purchased it from MusicTeck. Black/blue.

2 main reasons. 1. I keep upgrading incrementally, which is getting silly/wasteful now, and I’m hoping that the MEST might be the best IEM for me, as it seems to check all the right boxes. 2. I‘m still hesitant to buy a product of that price from Linsoul. I have no reservations about the Monarch or Clairvoyance themselves. Both seem fantastic.

Imagine MEST V2.... I better start saving up

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #604 of 7,333
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #609 of 7,333
Does anyone know if the Miini MEST come with the same stock cable. On the photos posted looks the same.

Its similar looking but I think a little thinner. I dont have both on hand with me unfortunately.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #610 of 7,333
Haven't had long listening sessions (over 1 hour) with MEST (fit isn't great in my small ears/canals), but I can see it being possibly fatiguing over longer sessions. I find it has an "aggressive" W-shaped tuning. Vocals can be somewhat forward & some find the treble too energetic. I'm somewhat of a treble-head so it doesn't bother me and I don't find the MEST to be bright. Bass is powerful & deep, not overdone. The issue though is that there is a clear distinction between the different frequencies. It's definitely not a relaxing signature. With that said it is highly resolving.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #612 of 7,333
Haven't had long listening sessions (over 1 hour) with MEST (fit isn't great in my small ears/canals), but I can see it being possibly fatiguing over longer sessions. I find it has an "aggressive" W-shaped tuning. Vocals can be somewhat forward & some find the treble too energetic. I'm somewhat of a treble-head so it doesn't bother me and I don't find the MEST to be bright. Bass is powerful & deep, not overdone. The issue though is that there is a clear distinction between the different frequencies. It's definitely not a relaxing signature. With that said it is highly resolving.
Do you think fit and seal might be a factor? I didn't find the MEST to lean on the agressive side. Lively for sure.

Am also curious if you could elaborate and the "clear distinction between the frequencies"?

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #613 of 7,333
Will the MEST sound different or even better after burn in?
Sounds the same to me. Hitting about a hundred hours on mine.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #614 of 7,333
Could be the how the bone conductor presenting the quality of the mids. Many tuning has to sacrifice one part or the order. Somehow the MEST could make all 3 bass, mids and treble standout and lively

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #615 of 7,333
This is concerning, seeing as I have really small and shallow ears, and I am far from a treble head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back